What System would be better?

Javi92_258

OSNN Newbie
Ok... I don't know what Nex-gen system i might buy! Would an XBOX 360 be good? The PS3? or the REVOLUTION? Of course as a true Mario Fan I might go for the revolution. What do you think? Send me your thoughts!
:suprised:

I'll probably end up buying the PS3 since it's backwards compatible with all my existing games, not to mention the wireless gamepads, wifi/ethernet connections for multiplayer gaming. BUT need to find out more about xbox before I make my decision because it's meant to have some very good specs too, not sure about compatibility though.

Always research before you buy anything. Check this thread for more information about the next-gen consoles. :)

How many games do you intend to buy? And did you like Gamecube?

I'm never an early adopter, so I'll probably wait and see. I'll probably get the Nintendo Revolution and PS3, if the game market remains the same as during this console generation.

Melon

There is no concrete info at the moment. Only what is provided by the makers and what they anticipate they want to bring to the market.

The Xbox360's info is probably a little more accurate since its closer to the market.

On a timeline perspective I would give the nod to the Revolution as having the best hardware since it is the last to market and will likely have an updated version of the Xbox360's gpu.

In the end, a lot comes down to the games... So best from a hardware perspective, or best from game availability? That's another unknown, which company will soak up which games, against the backdrop of what you, as a gamer like to play...

As it went last time, I've got a PS2 and a Gamecube (with a gameboy player attached) sitting in my living room here. I might upgrade them both, I might get an Xbox, can't say. Part of my decision did center around games, and games that I wasn't able to get on my PC...

hmmm...

Last time I was always an xbox believer but if xbox 360 looks old compared to the ps3 i might have to switch.

I'd say xbox 360 is DEFINITLY going to have the best games to begin with but ps3 might come up with some great new ideas (they have a few but Final Fantasy is going to be on xbox 360 soo their original game list is growing thin).

The blu-ray compatability might be the only thing that could make me buy a ps3 because right now price speculations are ENORMOUS!

I am a former n64 owner and I believe that if this system can "revolutionize" the publics view of nintendo then they have a fighting chance. What they need to work on also is trying to get a more "Grown Up" view of their company. The gamecube was very childish and most of its games were rated E. I barely saw any mature ones.
The idea of being able to download any game is stunning but if they make their customers pay for this service i believe it will fail.

The deciding factor might be online gameplay. Whoever has the best online experience might get the edge.

However only 2 million of the 20 million xbox owners have Live.

I'd go with xbox 360 and avoid the ps3 like the plague until Sony gets over itself and looses the corporate ego.

Once sony stops trying to micromanage the supply line Sony consoles will be viable, until then ignore them.

I'm speculating that the consoles won't be released around the same time, so if you want to wait for your particular console, it all depends on the games I guess. All three will arguably be powerful, the games will make them. I'll probably end up getting all throughout the console life cycle. Maybe not at first ... but eventually.

I have always gone with PS over anything so I will probably get one years after it comes out :p. They will all be really sweet, its really just one you like the most :)

tygy96 said:
(they have a few but Final Fantasy is going to be on xbox 360 soo their original game list is growing thin).

I'm not sure this is true...is it? I know that Square-Enix is most intent these days to make games for all three systems, but I haven't heard anything about them switching the core of their games, the Final Fantasy series, to XBox.

If that's really true, I may end up with a Nintendo Revolution and an XBox 360. ;)

Melon

melon said:
I'm not sure this is true...is it? I know that Square-Enix is most intent these days to make games for all three systems, but I haven't heard anything about them switching the core of their games, the Final Fantasy series, to XBox.

If that's really true, I may end up with a Nintendo Revolution and an XBox 360. ;)

Melon

So far they've only said they'll be bringing the MMORPG Final Fantasy. As you can tell, I don't know much about FF :p

Yeah, well, I don't see FFXI as a real FF game. :p

Melon

Sorry, I will clarify, Sony is running out of games that are unique to playstation. Many of their games are coming or are already on the two other consoles.

I just read the new august EGM and I can now safely say that Revolution will have better games than the gamecubes.

Though I will not buy it I know many who will and I must say that the new online super smash brothers will be sick.

Yes, I am biased as an xbox owner but the ps3 games at E3 are nothing what the real versions will look like and EGM agrees completely saying that we won't see any games like the ones shown until 2008... I don't think it will be that long but lets just say that these new systems won't be a huge jump in graphics like some are expecting.

Also, Revolutions wireless-only internet is a completely absurd idea. What was nintendo thinking not putting in a wired ethernet port.

Finally, xbox360's usb count may be to low for some. As of mid-July microsoft has only announced partial- backwards compatibility which I frown upon because it would cost so little to make it fully compatible.

Also, I beg you to buy the $5 Electronic Gaming Monthly for august (in stores now) because it offers a great look at all the systems and includes great diagrams that really lay out what each system has to offer for the gamer.

I have a friend who works at Best Buy. He asked his manager about the price of the 360, and his manager immediately said $500 CND. And that will be part of a bundle, I guess it won't be that expensive at all :D Also, apparently the hard drive that will be included with the bundle will be 80GB.

Also his manager knows more stuff, well that's what the manager says, but he won't reveal anymore stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back