What Soundcard Should I Get

X

XP Abuser

Hi All ive bin encoding sum music and ive noticed that the files are crackling im using onboard ac'97 sound and dont want this so im going for a spankin new soundcard

for around 100 quid or maybe a bit more

need suggestions as i havent bought a souncard for 2 years now and im a bit rusty on the area

cheerz all:)

I would recommend the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, its what I'm using now and I love it.

if u are a big Audio fan, look at the M-Audio "Revolution" heard wonders about this card for music.

Never had any trouble with my Sound Blaster Live! card. Sounds nice.

go for audigy 2

+ high fidelity playback
+ eax advanced
+ plays dvd audio
+ built in dolby digital ex encoder

i looked and decided about the audigy 2 and a set of 6.1 inspire speakers should do the trick:D

Sweet... You won't be disappointed. I have the original Audigy.
I've done a ton of LP to CD conversions with it, and I'm still amazed at the sound.

I'll recommend the Audigy Player card , very good for almost all choices , here 75$

good choice with the audigy, i love their cards and have not had a problem except for a minor driver problem that was fixed with one of their updates.

i just dun like creative speakers.. lack of bass

i'm currently using Altec Lansing ACS 56.. nice 35W bass and 35 W satellite

1) Audigy resamples all 44.1 kHz audio (read cd's and mp3's) to 48kHz (and very poorly at that)

2) Cambridge soundworks PC speakers are owned by Creative Labs

under that AudioHQ in device controls you can change the sampleing rate from 44.1KHz - 48KHz - 96KHz. just incase you wanted to know :D

I Don't have an Audigy lying around to test that. But me thinks it must be for the rec in. I know the output is locked to 48. It's part of the damned ac97 spec

Originally posted by Jz1397-4
under that AudioHQ in device controls you can change the sampleing rate from 44.1KHz - 48KHz - 96KHz. just incase you wanted to know :D
If you would read closer, that is for "sampling rate of the PCM SPDIF output of your DIGITAL out connector"

I use a SB audigy 2 card (platnium) and I do radio production with it. When I submitted our latest cd's to the radio stations I work with, every single radio enginner said they could hear a major difference compared to what I was using before(live 5.1). And some of the engineers are *very very* picky. I'm glad I got this card, well worth the money. My 2 cents.

of cos there is difference and its a major 1

audigy 2 has a 24 bit advanced hd chip while the live series has a 16 bit chip only. it certainly worth the bucks spent

Originally posted by dreamliner77
2) Cambridge soundworks PC speakers are owned by Creative Labs
not true. cambridge soundworks is it's own respected high-end home audio company. would creative make something like this?

for a while creative sold CS' speakers with "Creative" on them. and i'm convinced, now that creative has their own speakers, they either use some of CS' technology or CS still makes the speakers for them. cuz even cheap creative speakers sound nice.

[edit] punctuation.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back