What Soundcard Should I Get

Originally posted by Ziptrx
If you would read closer, that is for "sampling rate of the PCM SPDIF output of your DIGITAL out connector"

i use SPDIF out, didn't think about the fact that most people don't use it. sorry

Originally posted by Jz1397-4
i use SPDIF out, didn't think about the fact that most people don't use it. sorry
No biggie, just pointing it out.
*Cleans Jz's glasses/eyes for him* :p

i actually lost the cable.. :( while moving house. Does it sell seperately from the speaker?

Creative does own the PC division of Cambridge SoundWOrks speakers.

This has nothing to do with CS's other speaker lines.

Stay away from anything from Creative. I know a few people have had no problems out of his or her Soundblaster card, but if you ever do have a problem, it will never be fixed.

My personal recommendations are the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and anything made by Abit. I currently have the Abit AU-10. It uses the FM180 sound chipset and I have been extremely happy with its performance. Abit has an extremely good history with their products, not to mention the AU-10 can be picked up for around 50 bucks, maybe cheaper.

I have owned just about every Creative soundcard in existance. Most have been fair, but I have bought too many defective cards from their company. I bought a SB live gamer when they first hit the market. 2 weeks later the card went belly-up. The rear channel stopped working and would not play midi files. Creative gave me the run-around and would not replace the card because they said the model number (sticker) did not match the card, and they blamed me for tampering with the card.

I bought an Audigy that just completely stopped working. They replaced the card this time, but I feel it still shouldn't have died. I have a few other issues with Creative and their products, but I will stop here.

i think most probably the seller that sell u the card tampered it. Did you get back to the seller? btw, try not to make such conclusion if u encounter only one time with the problem like that. I've been using creative sound card from the 16bit isa slot up to now sb live 5.1 and planning to get a audigy2 pretty soon and i ain't facing any problem with the card.

turtle beach santa cruz is much greater compare with my sb live 5.1 sound card. the crisp sound do sound nice.

cheerz guys for your recommendations:)

also i think cambridge soundworks design the speakers for creative cuz theyre more specialized in that area

ok my audigy 2 arrived today still waiting for the 6.1 inspire speakers all that i can say is that im very impressed i didnt even realise that music sounded so clear and that the cds i already have, have been greatly improved

im a very happy bunny ;)

hmm... i'm still usin On-Board sound as well. not the greatest, but sounds pretty sweet when ya have a nice lil JBL sub hooked up to it that was originally meant for a stereo system :cool:

Creative Subsidiaries

Originally posted by taurus
not true. cambridge soundworks is it's own respected high-end home audio company. would creative make something like this?

for a while creative sold CS' speakers with "Creative" on them. and i'm convinced, now that creative has their own speakers, they either use some of CS' technology or CS still makes the speakers for them. cuz even cheap creative speakers sound nice.

[edit] punctuation.

Cambridge Soundworks is a wholly owned subsidiary of Creative Labs, as are EMU, Broadxent and 3D Labs. Check out the subsidiaries link on Creativelabs.com

:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back