What should the cpu temp be at

ledzephippy

OSNN Newbie
Hi, I was wondering what the average cpu temp is on a 3.4 ghz 1mb cache pentium 4, or a web site I could look at with that information.
Thanks

uuh.... i doubt it's the one at the bottom. that says only up to 1.8Ghz.

Led, i'm not sure about yours, but i have my P4 2.4C overclocked to 3.0, and my temp still hasn't gone much over like 42-43 during idle, and about 52 during gaming, like CS: Source and UT2004. but that could also be my fan too, since i'm not using stock. i think it should probably be around that temp. don't entirely take my word for it though, since mine is probably a different model P4 than yours, which might run either hotter or cooler. maybe someone else has the same one and could give you some insight.

What your CPU temp will be depends on your room temperature, your internal case temperature and how good your cooling solution is (CPU Fan).

40-55 deg C at normal load, 5 deg higher with heavy use (gaming, folding, etc).

wait........ there's 2 different P4 2.4C's that run at a slightly different core voltage? so..... does that mean that maybe upping my voltage a hair might NOT affect the heat from other stuff too much?

With stock cooling?

113 deg to 120 deg idle
140 deg to 158 deg full

This was from a 3.4 Prescott core LGA 775 with the stock Intel cooling.

Ya with stock cooling. My temps match up with Steevos reply, I believe that I am in the right ballpark. Thanks!:)

ElementalDragon said:
wait........ there's 2 different P4 2.4C's that run at a slightly different core voltage? so..... does that mean that maybe upping my voltage a hair might NOT affect the heat from other stuff too much?

I would seriously doubt that - probably different size build in the chip (90 nM versus 130 micron or whatever)

well... what i meant by that is some people say that upping your core voltage even just a hair can sometimes greatly increase heat produced even by stuff AROUND the processor.

Voltage times Current = Watts. Watts = Heat so yes your temp would rise elementaldragon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back