What should I learn?

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
Well; this may be awkward; but; what programming language should I learn?

I really don't know anything right now; but looking forward to learning something; I have plently of time on my hands.

Any good places to start; or learn; or any suggestions?

All is appreciated;
thanks;
Nick.

learn C++ first then everything else is easy

cool.gif

Posted by Iceman
learn C++ first then everything else is easy
Well that's true. Since C++ is so hard. The pointers in C++ can give you a headache even if you know C++. I'd start with something easier like Java, PHP or VB (really easy). Then when you get the feel for it you can move on to C++.

I would say, go for C++.
It gives you a good understanding of programming as a whole. Once you're good at that, JAVA seems really easy.

I am learnin C++ at the mo

Now I am wonderin if PHP uses a similar syntax to C++, I have to learn C++ (part of my Uni Course) but I also want to learn PHP. Anybody know any good resources to learn it

I like pascal , its easy and it is an excellent demonstration of programming... useless tho :D

My god man, how did you accomplish to post 3046 times in four months? :blink:

his the mother of all spamers ( the father is MafiaFromRussia)...

I'd go for C, because once you've learned that C++ becomes a lot easier.

VB is not a bad language to learn, but a structured language like C/C++ will be of more benefit than a form based one

Posted by Benny
his the mother of all spamers ( the father is MafiaFromRussia)...

You mother****er!

I'm the kreator of spam! Previous ruler of really long thread!

Now I retired and gave over control to Mafiafromrussia.

I'm tried of spam.

I'm a good boy now.

I don't spam here anymore.

Posted by anewhope
I'd go for C, because once you've learned that C++ becomes a lot easier.

I would not learn C first. C++ is different in many ways, and you will spend most of your time trying to unlearn stuff in C, while trying to make sense of C++.

Though C# might be another option for you after C++.

OOT DOS/TURING!!!!!
anyone wanna play my tic tac toe game we had to make for a grade 12 final project?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back