• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

what service controls network shares?

_kC_

hi, i use encrypted volumes & containers, some of which have network shares on.. but the only problem is after a restart, i have to remake/configure all the shares, as the drives/folders arnt availiable until ive entered my keyfiles/passphrases..

so was thinking it would be less hassle for me to just set whichever service controls shares to disabled... then just enabale that after i have mounted the encrypted volumes/containers

this is much less hassle than setting up 12 or so shares and permissions

or is there any command/setting that can pause the startup of services for a set amount of time?
and is it just the "network connections" service that i need to stop from aurto startup?

p.s - Xp pro, sp2 (& all current hotfixes)

cheers

Last edited:

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Not sure what the exact service is, but you could do a batch file with the appropriate services. If it was called "service1", you could do this:

net start service1

Run that when you are ready.

_kC_

sorted it...

net /y stop lanmanserver
net start browser

also can be remade in batch via this cmd
net share sharename=x: /Grant:everyone,Read

Last edited:

_kC_

heh i always used to dread rebooting.. having to remake all the shares (especially bad this week with having an electrician here rewiring, so this box is on/off/on/off)
glad its sorted now:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies