What Photo manipulation Program do you use?

What Photo manipulation Program do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political Access
Since I got my new camera I am a photo taking fool.

After I edit them slightly, mainly cropping unwanted portions and small color adjustments I will be putting up some of my photos to see what you all think.

My question is what photo manipulation program do you use and WHY?

Pleas post a response as well as answering the poll...

Thanks!

Mike A!
photo N00B enthusiast!

Photoshop CS2 (included with Creative Suites 2.3 Premium)

Paintshop Pro X which isn't in the poll options as it's extremely easy to use

If you're doing basic photo-related stuff like cropping, color correction, red-eye removal etc, you should try out Picasa. It's free, and it'll also help you to manage large collections of pictures better.

http://picasa.google.com/

With an old Minolta Dimage A1, a load of xxx.mrw files of ancient potsherds, I have Photoshop, XnView, and have just added Picasa from earlier post. This way I can produce xxx.jpgs for ease of distribution to fellow idiots, all wanting to see some several hundred of these potsherds. These cover around 3,000 years of farming a 40 acre field just down the road. With maps, aerial photos, distribution diagrams, the potsherds, the need for macro images of some, I need all the help I can get, hence the varied options.
roj
As I type, Picasa is doing it's thing, cataloguing around 50Gb of images - Yo!
and still plodding on 30 minutes later.

"PhotoShop CS (Legit Copy)"

I find that option funny. It's okay if every other program on the options isn't legit? 0_o

Btw, I voted for PS for the basic stuff, although something like Picasa or Paint.NET is more useful for that. I just don't do enough "basic editing" to justify installing either of those.

Last edited:
I resent that, I am.

It's as powerful as Photoshop (full version) and open source freeware.

Photoshop, simply because I've used it for a long time and I'm used to it :)

iPhoto/Picasa for basic touch-ups etc. Gimp/Gimpshop for manipulation :)

wow,

Thanks for all the sugestions guys...

I will probably get Elements and DL all the freeware suggestions...

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back