What NOT to do when "Water Cooling" a PC

That thread will never die.
My comment is 'no comment'.
He should use the microwave to fix it. :eek:

Heh heh, put in a plexiglass side panel and some Gold Fish. :p

Better than a frozen meal. Nice & fresh. yum yum
Except for the burning taste of metal & plastic.

I hope that thread wasn't for real. It shows we are going down the gurgler quicker than I thought.

of course, any sane person, or anyone who as dabbled in reality, would dismiss this out of hand. But then again most of us know people who are that stoopid

he had me fooled for a bit then :eek:
Comer

I teach woodwork technology, technical drawing, building construction and computer applications

I've been working with computers for about seven years

I'm not a total idiot (as some of your unkind replys would suggest) I did wrap the power supply unit in cling film plastic wrap before I filled it with water

I really don't think that I'll be looking into water cooling ever again

it was all a joke

I really did not believe that anyone would fall for it. But the amazing part of it is that it has shown how small the world has become in the last 100 years. Titanic sank only eighty years ago and nobody heard the news for a couple of days...somebody fills a PC with water today and the whole world knows about it in less than two hours. Now that's crazy

:rolleyes:

I wonder what would happen if ya use JELLO and let it set??? :p

Originally posted by xsivforce
You try it and let us know. ;)

Originally posted by gonaads
BTW Don't do this at home to your Computer... Do it at your freind's home to their Computer. :p

I'll be be right over... have yer computer ready.
What flavor ya want? ;) :p

I about died when I read that! It was too stupid for anyone with even 1/10th of a brain to do.

Seriously, the idea has merit. I wouldn't use water though. I have seen people submerge car audio amplifiers in a fishtank filled with some type of silicone based non-conductive liquid and it works great. Although I would keep harddrives, CD/DVD drives, and the power supply seperate.

wa? ehhh..ie erm, ow... what the ****???

I honestly don't know if to laugh or to cry.

good god i hope this is a joke...

Because I had completely sealed the PC case the only opening near top was the DVD drive. So I opened that and put the small hose I had purchased specially for the job into the DVD drive as far as it would go. With what I can only describe as great excitement and anticipation, I turned on the water. It really is amazing just how long it took before the case was complete full, and boy was it heavy. That didn't really bother me as I didn't intend to be moving the PC anyway.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

no they were supposed to use that fomulin, you know the stuff, the non-conductive liquid they put in car wax, the stuff that Dennis Weaver does the infomercial with the working TV submerged in it.........
someone has had to seen it besides me.... thats the stuff you should fill it up with and all will be well :huh:

Liquid Nitrogen works though. Pretty awesome. I watched them do it on TECHTV the Screen Savers. :)

Originally posted by spikemic
no they were supposed to use that fomulin, you know the stuff, the non-conductive liquid they put in car wax, the stuff that Dennis Weaver does the infomercial with the working TV submerged in it.........
someone has had to seen it besides me.... thats the stuff you should fill it up with and all will be well :huh:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiite... :eek: :confused:

Search... Find... Show us... Please.;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back