what next...

Forcer, I'd try and work out your problems with XP first, you'll find it is a fast and stable OS.

But if you can't I say go back to win2k, a lot more stable than 98 and that other OS you mentioned :shudder: :)

Ditto to what syn said, win2k3 is a server edition that you probably don't need or want...

Majin, were you trying to be funny or trying to insult forcer's intelligence? Sorry I just couldn't work that out...

WinXP startup getting slow HERE is HOW to fix it.

WinXP startup getting slow HERE is HOW to fix it.
(if it is slowing down)
Article found here http://www.winxpnews.com/index.cfm?id=71
Here's the Synopsis:
Speed-up Windows XP Startups

Allan Kelly wrote in and reminded us of a great tip on how to speed up your Windows XP start up times. Just clean out your prefetch folder. Windows XP keeps track of your frequently used programs and sets them up so that they start up faster. However, sometimes a lot of junk gets into the prefetch folder and can slow things down. Try this:

1. Open the Windows Explorer and go to c:\WINDOWS\Prefetch folder.
2. Click the View menu and then click the Select All command. This should highlight all the files in the folder. Once all the files in the 3. Prefetch folder are selected, press the DELETE key on the keyboard to delete these files. Click Yes to send the files to the Recycle Bin.
4. Restart your computer. You should find that Windows XP starts a lot faster!
Do this once a week and your Windows XP startups will always be snappy.
Hope this Helps!

Originally posted by forcer i've been one of the fortunate ones and XP has went really good for me since ive had it but now i've decided i dont want it anymore

ummmm, am i missing something here?

remember that saying? "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". don't understand why, if everything works great with xp, you'd want to switch to another os.

well im sorry i was TRYING to be funny ... ill admit i was a tad sugered up and it all came out wrong im sorry ....i tend to be a bit of a weird ass anyway. :p but i wasnt being (intentionally) mean.

Originally posted by Majin
well im sorry i was TRYING to be funny ... ill admit i was a tad sugered up and it all came out wrong im sorry ....i tend to be a bit of a weird ass anyway. :p but i wasnt being (intentionally) mean.

Ok, no problems :)
The emoticons are good for expressing sarcasm.

Eg. NTFS is the worst site on the internet :rolleyes: ;)

Koko - See the bottom of my sig...:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back