What needed to boot a pc?

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Hello.

I am planning on running a Windows NT 4.0 Server on an old desktop pc. I just wanna 'stuff' it somewhere and than access it remotely if i need to work on it via Remote Administrator. My question: What do I need to have connected to the pc for me to remotely access it alright? I know i don't need a monitor, Do I need a keyboard? Mouse? I will also be rebooting the system remotely.

Thanks,

lieb39

well, you wouldn't even need a keyboard or mouse if you were accessing it remotely, right? you'll be using the keyboard, mouse, monitor on the other comp. your server box would theoretically just need a power cable and ethernet cable plugged into it.

But will windows do alright without a keyboard and mouse? What about the BIOS without a keyboard?

Originally posted by lieb39
But will windows do alright without a keyboard and mouse? What about the BIOS without a keyboard?

if you unplug your mouse and keyboard, windows still boots.

this isn't true on all biosi (plural???)

you should be able to disable halt on all errors if it's an issue

just ram and probably a video card to boot

dont' even need a HDD in theory, but for a MS OS you will.

You shouldn't even need a gfx card. But it's always nice to have one "just in case".

some motherboards are weird about booting without a video card, but yeah, for the most part you can run a computer without a lot of stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back