What motherboard should I get for an AMD Athlon XP 3200+?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

I am going to be upgrading my computer to the AMD Athlon XP 3200+. I would upgrade to the AMD 64, however I received a free water cooling kit from Danger Den and Xceleratorgaming [http://www.xceleratorgaming.com], which the block will work up to the XP Series of Processor... if I expanded to the 64bit, I would have to get a new block and I don't want to do that right now.

So I am upgrading as far as I can go within the XP Series. One of the problems is that since I have very little time on my hands with working two jobs and fire fighting, I have not had the time to research what boards will accept this processor, what's good about them, what kind of features, memory, etc... so this is why I am here.

What kind of motherboard do you guys recommend for the Athlon XP 3200+? Can you describe what memory will fit on it? Features, links, all is appreciated!

So what are you going with, the 64bit or the XP?

As I stated I'm going with the 3200+, because I dont' want to have to upgrade the water cooling set...

i have an xp 3200 in a gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2

Gigabyte GA-7n400 Pro2

read up on this, it rocks,
currently is running two wd120jb's in raid 0
has 1 gig of crucial pc3200 ddr in dual channel mode.

i installed the coolermaster jet 7 blower on the cpu
and i installed a northbridge blower on the northbridge and cooling fins on the southbridge.

it has the 120gb drives in raid 0
a 40gb on an ide channel for mp3's
a dvd dual layer burner
and a dvd rom.

it only has an ati radeon 9500 in it right now. but it is a sweet maching.

I'm waiting for the last of the socket A's to hit that special price.

I use the Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev. 1.04 now and its great, despite a few onboard jeebees with my early revision. The new one is supposed to be even better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back