What kind of memory to use?

M

Marcus75

I got the motherboard SOLTEK 75 KAV and I recently upgraded my processor from 750 DURON to AMD Palomino XP 1800+

To do that I upgraded the bios and it worked fine.
The problem occured when I didn´t upgrade my RAM. It seems like they are a bottleneck for the processor since it only runs at 1150mhz. I got the SDRAM PC100 type. Now i was wondering what kind of RAM to use if I wanna upgrade?

Soltek 75 KAV info!

Soltek 75 KAV FAQ

SOLTEK 75 KAV Bios Info!

I plan to use either 512MB SDRAM PC133 or, if possible, 512MB DDR PC2100 266MHz.

There have also occured a problem since installing the processor I upgraded too, graphic glitches and bugs show quite often in Counterstrike and Dark Age Of Camelot. Any suggestions as to what might cause that problem?

I used to OPTIMIZED DEFAULT option in the BIOS SETUP after installing it by the way.

Please come with any advice you might have!!

Best wishes
Marcus Nordlund

While Im VERY happy to hear that, please explain how you can know that. I dont feel like spending 2000SEK without beeing REALLY sure. :)

Thanks alot for the fast answer anyway!!

Best Wishes
Marcus Nordlund

Any other tips? Really need the help!

Best wishes
Marcus Nordlund

it is a PC-133 board. I suggest a DDR board (really improves proformance)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back