Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panda

• Bitdefender

• Total voters

chaos945

OSNN Senior Addict
I was wondering what you folks used as a portable antivirus. Whether it is a bootable Antivir CD, a usb install of ClamWin, or something else. What do you use for a portable antivirus?

Personally I use a usb copy of AntiVir with a scripted updater. Since according to AV-Comparatives most antivirus software is close to 99% effective on-demand anyways AntiVir seems to scan more quickly than others.

Skipping the obvious risks of running from USB I've been keeping my eye open for a usb stick with a read-only switch.

It's probably pretty hard to remove viruses with that, but hey whatever works for you.

Retrospective detection isn't really relevant for a portable solution. I was hoping to hear about your portable solutions from a service tech's point of view. Cleaning systems that are already compromised. Using for instance a bootable distro of say linux or bartPE with some misc antivirus. I'd be more interested in hearing about updatable solutions however

how is kaspersky internet security2009? i got an offer for 30 user of 3user licencse for only 30 usd in <removed link> should i purchase it?Please suggest me i am on live chat with them

Last edited by a moderator:
how is kaspersky internet security2009? i got an offer for 30 user of 3user licencse for only 30 usd in <removed link> should i purchase it?Please suggest me i am on live chat with them

1) Kaspersky is a good AV program
2) Don't expect to have instant feedback on a forum - especially as your first post needed to be approved.
3) Don't link to a site that doesn't exist
4) Please don't take this opportunity to spam.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back