What is up with Intel?

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
Have the people over at Intel run out of imagination for their processor names? Or are they throwing in the towel to AMD?

I just saw that they have a Pentium 4 Prescott 2.8G 533.

Guess what? They also have a Pentium 4 Prescott (Celeron) 2.8G 533.

What gives with these damn Celeron's anyway? Surely it is about time they were put to bed.

Intel needs to lift their game a bit.

the new celeron D's are not bad processors... not as good as AMD sempr0n's but still pretty good compared to their previous iteration...

wrt naming Intel has decided to go away from a cpu speed based naming convention... the new names are arbitary basically with changes in model number specifying performance difference in that particular line... ie (random numbers here) 100 v/s a 101... its obvious the 101 is faster/more featured or whatever else than the 100 since it is a higher model number...

this is the same arbitary stance AMD adopted with their opteron and FX line-ups (ie opteron 150/250/850 and fx-51/53)

the opterons first number actual means something wrt SMP... 150 == single processor config... 250 == dual processor config...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back