What is This ???

V

Vorpal

Could someone tell me what this weird user entry is?

The only enabled users on my system would be the Admin and 1 other.

I've never gone into the Security Properties of a folder though -> so maybe I'm being stupid.

Thanks

Scary...
Just a wild guess, but it almost looks like you could have gotten hacked (?).

-Curious to see what more knowledgeable people will have to say.

i had the same thing on mine and i just deleted it. Has too many rights for me to not know what the heck it was.

It was the exact same number and i've had no problems yet? Still don't know what it is though been looking and have found nothing on it besides here.

Mattman_8

every user has a unique id, like the one in the picture, it's how the system identifies them all. when a account is renamed you don't need to change the settings in there as it uses the id instead of the name. however when a account is deleted it doesn't remove the item from the list, it just has no username for it anymore hence the strange item displayed. I'm guessing you deleted some of the builtin accounts (microsoft support) or reinstalled windows without formatting. It's not big deal just remove it as the account no longer exists.

If you open up your Registry and click the plus next to HKEY_Users, this number will be second from the bottom. Its the Administrator account. Nothing scary :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back