what is this thing? need to get rid of it ASAP.

M

mokuni

hi guys/gals...

my computer is always running and it would use some CPU and it would just go up. its very very annoying. i mean i would be playing counterstrike and suddenly it would slow down for bout 2seconds and then it goes back to normal. u know the feeling like when you rplaying a game, then norton decides to scan for virus. yea same thing but it does it at 30second intervals at 2seconds in duration. please help me. if you guys want to take close look at the mpg, that screen shot was taken of my bottom right task bar. something would pop up for a brief moment. It looks to me like some sort of codec thing, but when i go to processes and look at what stuff jumps out, it says msmsgs which is msn messenger. please help. its getting very annoying. the only way that i found to disable it, is to cancel ccApp.exe (ctrl+alt+del). please help me. thx.

did you look in Norton's logs to see what it was scanning for?

also open up run + type:

eventvwr.msc

have a look for any strange events around the time your computer freezes,

it doesnt freeze. just slows down for 2seconds every 30seconds or so. Very annoying during game play. thx enyo for the still pic..:)

yea looks to me like a codec but it does stop doing it after i disable ccapp..wierd...eekk if this continues.....

*looks at format c: :eek:

That icon looks like the one from an older version of Quicktime. Do you have Quicktime installed? I know that 'qttask' is a startup item installed by default, but I don't know that it has anything to do with this problem.

emm this startup list i generated after i disabled ccapp.exe cuz im lazy to restart comp heehhe....but if u really need the first thing that comes up when it boots ill do it again..

for those who cant be bothered 2 download the list:

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\NISUM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Norton Personal Firewall\ccPxySvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Fast.exe
C:\WINDOWS\StartupMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Hotkeycontrol XP\hkcontrol.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 2\MsgPlus.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\taskswitch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\fast.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\devldr32.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\ICQ\Icq.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\mokuni\Local Settings\Temp\StartupList.exe

can't see anything suspicious really............

Autorun entries from Registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

PHIME2002ASync = C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
PHIME2002A = C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
ccApp = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
ccRegVfy = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
NvCplDaemon = RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
nwiz = nwiz.exe /install
Run StartupMonitor = StartupMonitor.exe
Hotkeycontrol = C:\Program Files\Hotkeycontrol XP\hkcontrol.exe
IMJPMIG8.1 = C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32 <------except this!!!
MessengerPlus2 = "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 2\MsgPlus.exe"
BackgroundSwitcher = C:\WINDOWS\System32\bgswitch.exe
CoolSwitch = C:\WINDOWS\System32\taskswitch.exe
FastUser = C:\WINDOWS\System32\fast.exe
MSConfig = C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto

I used to have this problem when my hard drive was booting from an IDE controller in a PCI slot. Are you set up like that?

emm no i dont have my hdd hooked to the ide. i infact do have a raid controller onboard already so emm yea. i really dont know whats wrong. what i would do is i will put some screen caps of the windows task manager and the cpu usage graph when i log in tommorow.

its so annoyin feel like format but too much stuff to back up.

That icon is from a old verison of Quicktime as you can see by this shot. It may be slowing down your Windows XP computer. XP does not support such old verisons of QT. That verison looks more for Windows 3.1 or 95

For a better and XP compatable verison try 5.x or 6.x

*cough* already been suggested *cough*

It really does look like and older QT icon though. mokuni, have you been able to determine anything else... or do you have some more screenshots that we can look at?

lol emm i dont think its the quicktime tho. i never installed any ver below 5. i had version 6 for 3months now and thought it was the ver 6 so i unistalled it and used the quicktime alternative. but its still there. will give more screenshots when i got the time later this week. been buzy wif uni...:( ...

And why don't you...
1. Disable hide inactive icons
2. Right click the icon

Originally posted by ViperSnake
See, Just disable the hide inactive icons option

i still think u dont understand....dl the first attachement from this thrend...

if you look @ the atachment all is clear......expcept what it is :p

Wait a Sec! I don't think he's talking about icons. I think he want's to know why the showing of inactive icons is slow (Well acording to the AVI)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back