What is the better email program?

P

psx2000

I currently use outlook express but was curious would it be better to use OUTLOOK 2003 when it comes out with the new office 2003 suit?

Any + or - to either one?

What do you folks prefer?

The Outlook products have the INFURIATING habit of stripping certain file types from my emails. I use Eudora. It doesn't assume I'm an idiot who needs protection from himself.

If you need just a mail client, take a look at Thunderbird - http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/
One of the major plus points is that it uses Bayesian filtering to intelligently get rid of spam/junk mail. This technique is definitely the most effective way of filtering spam.
Some other great features include themes, downloadable extensions, and security. You can open an email infected with the Klez worm and you won't be affected. ;)

If you want a personal information manager along with just an email client, to store tasks, calendar events etc, Outlook 2003 is your best choice. Outlook2k3 also includes Bayesian junk mail filtering (which is a killer feature).I would definitely use it over Outlook Express, if you don't want to take the Thunderbird route. :)

I've yet to been spammed with OutLook Express 6 (even without any special "filtering" programs). It all hinges around on who you give your email address to (make sure they have an email agreement).:)

Originally posted by LeeJend
The Outlook products have the INFURIATING habit of stripping certain file types from my emails. I use Eudora. It doesn't assume I'm an idiot who needs protection from himself.

I've never had that problem. :confused: What kind of files?

I use Outlook for its simplicity, and OE when I'm in the mood to use calendars, and reminders.

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
I use Outlook for its simplicity, and OE when I'm in the mood to use calendars, and reminders.

You mean the other way around ;)
OE is a simple mail client. Outlook is the complete PIM.

Originally posted by NetRyder
You mean the other way around ;)
OE is a simple mail client. Outlook is the complete PIM.

Ooops! I had a temporary bout with the stupids :eek:
LOL

You can get patches/addons for outlook/outlook express though cant you that block spam emails :eek:

LOL, nice avatar btw HandyBuddy ;)

spam emails depends on where you've been to get them ;) lol but im sure you can get actual email blocks on which you can stop them before they reach your email client :eek:

Originally posted by SnookBooger
I've yet to been spammed with OutLook Express 6 (even without any special "filtering" programs). It all hinges around on who you give your email address to (make sure they have an email agreement).:)

You give it to one person who has a damn worm, he decides to mass email everyone instead of using bcc he cc's it, and my email addy lands in over 50 mail boxes, 6 of them got viruses, so there it starts, then it becomes more as they once again send on the email.

It sucks, but it happens.

Originally posted by X-Istence
You give it to one person who has a damn worm, he decides to mass email everyone instead of using bcc he cc's it, and my email addy lands in over 50 mail boxes, 6 of them got viruses, so there it starts, then it becomes more as they once again send on the email.

It sucks, but it happens.

I see...

Outlook is the best - the only thing I don't like about it as that it has a security feature on that don't let you read some html emails and macros ..

Originally posted by NetRyder
If you need just a mail client, take a look at Thunderbird - http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/
One of the major plus points is that it uses Bayesian filtering to intelligently get rid of spam/junk mail. This technique is definitely the most effective way of filtering spam.
Some other great features include themes, downloadable extensions, and security. You can open an email infected with the Klez worm and you won't be affected. ;)
*nods*
I'm a Thunderbird user, would never go back to outlook express now, and I've never really liked outlook

Outlook 2003 is quite nice. It all depends on how and what you want it for. If you will only use it for a simple email client then there are dozens to choose from and most are free. If you need a personal information manager (PIM) then hands down Outlook (2000 or 2003) is the way to go but remember they do cost money.
Or if you really feel confident you could try Open Office but it can be a bit daunting for Windows users but it is free.

I use to receive my e-mails all 20 of my hotmail ones and 2 i.s.p. ones using mail washer pro V3.1.0 (registered) and to send I use the short cut for outlook I created on my desktop.
Quite easy (if you not already know) right click desktop, create new shortcut, type in mailto: next then I call it --QuickMail--
then finished. If I want to use a fancy e-mail then I use it via out look express and add the thrills like stationary.

Outlook for me :)
Started on it, used Bloomba for a while, used Thunderbird for 2 days, went back to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back