What is the BEST popup stopper?

J

jww13

I like Banner Zapper the best, but you gotta pay for it :/

What's the best one? I want one that closes the popup before it opens the window, not just close it afterwards!

Proximitron is good.

Roight now I use Popustopper Companion. Do a google for it.

Just for farts and giggles, why not check out the following posts:

It's an annoyingly small button, but this forum also offers a SEARCH function here.

Don't feel bad, nobody else uses it either!

The one that was on the front page a couple of weeks ago is the one I'm sticking with. Free Surfer. Ever so simple to use. No setting up, just install & it does its thing. Best of all, it's FREE. :D

if you're using IE as your browser..i have had the absolute best luck with POPUP COP which can be found Here
totally customizable..and it works on so much more than just pop ups...also lets you manage scripts..embedded audio/video, active x/java and like 5 billion different things..including a cache cleaner, source viewer - even with multiple panes... it totally rocks.and can be temporarily disabled for any given page..and it integrates very nicely into the IE toolbars section.. i use it exclusively when i surf with IE..

check it out..it is worth the time..

~n:D :D

Norton Internet Security does a good job for me. It has an ad blocking feature built in. :D

If you want a very good, and "very" easy to use program, I use Pop-Up Stopper by Panicware, Inc. It's so easy to use, you can't get any simpler. And it works very well. Never had a complaint with it. You can get it at "www.panicware.com"...Oh! and it's free.

Have to agree FreeSurfer has found a permant home on my computer. Like said above just install it and forget it.

I second Mozilla and Opera !!!

Both latest version are :

A. Free !!!!

B. Stable !!!

C. Customizable...(no pop-ups!!)

D. Fast

E. NOT owned by Bill "screw 'em till they pay me" Gates !!

Originally posted by Armis36
If you want a very good, and "very" easy to use program, I use Pop-Up Stopper by Panicware, Inc. It's so easy to use, you can't get any simpler. And it works very well. Never had a complaint with it. You can get it at "www.panicware.com"...Oh! and it's free.

Yes it can get easier! Try Popupstopper Companion! It kicks bum! =O)

try free adshield .... not only stops popup and advertising banner... it also REMOVES the space for the banner so that no awkward white space or images in place of the banner....

Originally posted by w3bg33k!

Yes it can get easier! Try Popupstopper Companion! It kicks bum! =O)

OK, my bad. If you go to the "Panicware" site, you'll see that we are talking about the same program. I just neglected to put "Companion!" on it when I mentioned the program...but hey, we're both in agreement about the "It kicks bum!" part.

Qumahlin

i agree with you there I use the same one
and havent had one single popup :D
but at the end of the day all the popup stoppers do the same thing, its jsut personal prefence as to what one you like best
and the cheapest of corse :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back