What is the BEST PC DVD Player?

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi
I am trying to build a silent system at the moment and its proving to be quite alot of work. :huh: What make a large amount of noise though is my dvd drive. I currently own a 16X slot pioneer dvd player, which performance wie i am quite happy with the only problesare that it very occasionaly pauses for a second or so and it can be very noisy.

Can anyone suggest what they belive to be the best PC dvd driver for quiteness and performance thanks.

:)

Well slim drives (laptop style) are supposed to be quieter. But they could be tricky to fit. ;)

cover the slot with tape when its in use - ive done that before - it makes a bit of difference :)

jus remember to take it off before ejecting the cd lol

Hmm
The laptop drive does seem tricky and expensive!
As for tape hmmmmmmm ;)
I do use a program called dvd idle which helps but now and again it still makes a huge racket

my laptop is extremely silent until you put something in the dvdrom drive... it's pretty loud, relatively.

i don't think i've heard a drive that can read a cd at 40x or more and not have a noticeable hum to it.

Ok thanks I was thinking more of watching a movie rather than full file transfer.

Originally posted by indyjones
Hi
I am trying to build a silent system at the moment and its proving to be quite alot of work. :huh: What make a large amount of noise though is my dvd drive. I currently own a 16X slot pioneer dvd player, which performance wie i am quite happy with the only problesare that it very occasionaly pauses for a second or so and it can be very noisy.

Can anyone suggest what they belive to be the best PC dvd driver for quiteness and performance thanks.

:)

what you want is a dvd rom that only runs at 1X or 2X speeds. when you insert the dvd, it spins fast and makes the noise, because it can. eventually it will settle. good luck finding one, though! :huh:

Well all of a sudden the movie goes silent, you tense wating for the bad guy etc to jump out and WWWWWWWHHHHHHHUUUUUIiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the drive starts a humming.

Originally posted by indyjones
Well all of a sudden the movie goes silent, you tense wating for the bad guy etc to jump out and WWWWWWWHHHHHHHUUUUUIiiiiiiiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the drive starts a humming.
:D honestly couldn't have represented that sound better, myself. :p

:p Dont forget the FFFFFFFfffffuuuuurrrrrr FFFFFFFuuuuurrrrr rev up noise first though ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back