What is the best dvd/img/cd burning software?

st4rk

OSNN Addict
I have img burn at the moment that burns iso and img files and it's free, i also have the option of reinstalling sonic - (comes with dell). I just d/led a trial of ashampoo 6 will see how it goes.. Was just wondering what people think is the best software on the market?

Last edited:
I like cdburnerXPpro. it is also free, and it burns ISOs and just about anything else.

however between the two you have mentioned, I would probably use sonic...

If you want to spend some money, the best software for all around burning of everything, Nero.

Hardly anyone on this forum will probably agree with me, but I always have, and always will push Roxio. The program is stable, very efficient, the GUI is user friendly, and it does all the tasks I have ever needed.

I've used Roxio since back when it was Adaptec, at version 4.x IMO, that is the way to go.

I have Nero on my box as well, but only because stupid DVD Shrink won't use any other programs burning engine. Nothing would make me happier if I could change that.

Data files and the like I use Ashampoo to burn. To back up movies I use Dvd Shrink, and to burn image files, such as iso's, nrg, bin and cue, etc, I use imgburn ..

I haven't hardly even heard of most of those other programs, I guess I was brought up using Nero, and that's all I know.

I personally use Nero 6 on my desktop (not a fan of Nero 7), and CDBurnerXP Pro on the laptop. They both work well.
The latter is free, so I suggest you try that first to see if you like it.

I second CDBurnerXPPro. Or BurnAtOnce.

Avoid Nero...too bloated, in my opinion.

I use nero 7, because I'm one of those people who have to use the newer versions. Plus I have found some programs that remove alot of the crap.

kcnychief said:
but only because stupid DVD Shrink won't use any other programs burning engine. Nothing would make me happier if I could change that.

Dont use Nero to burn the shrinks, use decrypter. Download and install DVD Decrypter, then when DVD Shrink goes to the burn stage it will write an ISO then burn to a disk (and optionally delete the ISO after burning). Decrypter works so much better with Shrink than Nero.

Just a wee tip ;)

Oh and check out CDBurnerXP :)

You don't have to use nero to work with shrink. You can save the files as an image, or files and use anything to burn them. Even EZ PC Crasher. That is exactly what I do; I save them as either files or an image and use Ashampoo or imgburn to burn them ..

Commercial: Take your pick between nero 7 and Ashampoo
Free: cd burner xp comes to mind

I use Nero 7 Ultra, and Alcohol 120%.

As the above mentioned CDBurnerXPPro is also a great program to use. I've used it on occassion for building my Cheap Efficient machines for people.

Johnny said:
You don't have to use nero to work with shrink. You can save the files as an image, or files and use anything to burn them. Even EZ PC Crasher. That is exactly what I do; I save them as either files or an image and use Ashampoo or imgburn to burn them ..

sean.ferguson said:
Dont use Nero to burn the shrinks, use decrypter. Download and install DVD Decrypter, then when DVD Shrink goes to the burn stage it will write an ISO then burn to a disk (and optionally delete the ISO after burning). Decrypter works so much better with Shrink than Nero.

Just a wee tip ;)

Oh and check out CDBurnerXP :)

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but I'm sticking with the annoyance of Nero for this for now. I have two drives, DVDRW and a DVD-ROM, so I can go disc to disc. I don't want to have to rip the DVD to an .ISO, close DVD Shrink, switch programs, and then configure the burn. I like to pop it in and let it go on it's own. I can burn a full disc via this method anywhere from 15-30 minutes depending on how big the movie is.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back