What is the best alternative to Napster right now?

kazaa is good....but for stuff that u cant download from blubster.....and some mp3 that are difficult to find, but still blubster its far superior....think of this: kazaa as far as i know can be shutdown unlike blubster

the best thing is to have both kazaalite 2 and winmx...Winmx is loads faster.. for me... and no spyware too. simple and powerful. i love winmx. ill go for winmx still. i find it better

I haven't used blubster, but WINMX has worked great for me ever since Napster had the spot light drawn on themself. I just can't stand uploads less than 128k.

Have had good luck with Kazaa lite. Tried Blubster 2 but could never connect so I uninstalled it. Might try WINMX after reading these posts.

Doxtr111

how you connect to internet??? did u have a firewall?? if you have firewall u need to configure so you can connect w/blubster

After trying Blubster, WinMX, and Kazaa light, I still have to say Direct Connect beats them all no contest :-/

Thats just me though :cool:

well, i just check direct connect and i'm ready to give it a try, lets see

Not sure if you will Like it, most people don't.

It does require that you share content (by gigs)

Thats the downer.

On the good side, the selection is god like compared to what you find on the other p2p clients. Plus it's not really that hard to get a good share going. I have 50.28 gigs of stuff, and I am set to go. Download a few movies and rip a few music CD's and you should have enough ;)

Takes a while to get used too and most of the hubs you find are going to be rather ... well small. But if you know where to look it's all good.

macgyvers.evildc.com is my personal favorite :) if you have 18 gigs you can get almost anything from that hub.

If not then oh well, stick with a different p2p client.

thanks luna64, i already install it, at first it was little confusing, but now i'm on a roll LOL

well i have few gigs to share between mp3, videos and stuff......i think i have the 18gigs or more dont know yet.........for what i see i like the download speeds i'm gettin, i will tell you more later, but sure is a nice p2p

i must say its blubster and direct connect....then the others LOL

ps.

damn i'm only sharing 5.67 gigs, sh*t!!! :mad:

Direct Connect blows for mp3s, (it's only good for apps) and the search function has never worked for me. Kaaza and it's lite counterpart both suck (only 128kb, not to mention the interface is terrible). WinMx definatly has the best options, interface and # of users with high quality music out of any of the programs. If napster were still alive it winmx would own it.

Right now I am at school were all I can use is Blubster because they have blocked everything else. Oh Well, it works for me. The downloads are very quick (sometimes I get 700kbps and every once in a while I will hit close to 1mbps (980kbps), and that's when I am not downloading off of the school network)). Only negative here is that the user base isn't as big as winmx's or kazaa's.

Bottom line: use Winmx if you can and have a fast connection, if you can't and you still want high quality mp3's then use blubster. I wouldn't suggest direct connect unless you want some warez that isn't any easier to get than from a website.

well i just download direct connect and already found an album i was lookin for long time ago....what i dont like is that i cant see the bitrate of the song......if someone know how to see the bitrate let me know

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back