What is the best alternative to Napster right now?

Re: DirectConnect and requirements

Posted by QuantumGate
Installed DirectConnect htis morning and found that (with most if not all servers (if they are up)) you are required to have from 1 to nGBs shareable music (or other files).

i think thats pretty reasonable dood. It probably ensures that everyone on that network has something to offer, instead of just free loading off of other users constantly

No mention of Soulseek - http://www.slsk.org

Pretty good selection of music (only), but I find it a bit slow - not lots of users either.

Anyone else got opinions on it?

I use it occassionally but still like KL - but thought some ppl might like this one

Best alternative ........ hmmm.

have you tried Kazaa ??

I would go for Kazaa ....

Can even get direct connect to do a search and I have 32gb of shared stuff wtf???

direct connect is not modem friendly you get kicked from hosts for not having dsl/cable LAAAAAAAAAAAAAMERSSSS on that network #@&* them!

Firstly, macgyvers.evildc.com

You really have to find a good hub and good ones are rare. Stick with that one, it's very decent and does not care about connection (90% of the hubs dont, so I dont see what your problem is)

Min share is 18 gigs there but you meet that.

Oh yes, I forgot, if your search is not working then be sure you are in passive mode and that you have the XP Firewall turned off. Also make sure any other firewall you are using is allowing DC to run.

But I am guessing your on 56k ? so you should be on Active then.

You can find me on that hub as Luna :)

Kazaa Lite rocks!! 192kbs downloads :)
Also downloaded 2 episodes of Enterprise (episodes 2x03 / 2x04) in less than 5 hours (430 megs each)!

forget it!!! BLUBSTER is the way to go!!!!

ps.

forgot to point this out:

totally descentralized!!!!!

no pop ups!!!

online help, help forums

The latest WinMx 3.31 is very good. No pop up ads like the others. It doesn't over take your desktop with stupid icons. And when you want to uninstall it, it doesn't leave residue behind on your computer.

ROJAS

Posted by renakuajo
forget it!!! BLUBSTER is the way to go!!!!

ps.

forgot to point this out:

totally descentralized!!!!!

no pop ups!!!

online help, help forums

At last, 4 pages and it wasn't mentioned, Blubster is by far the best user friendy p2p out there.

IMHO

Alan

smdance.gif

I am presently looing at Neonapster and am having some successes, if anyone else is using this P2P please let me know what you think !

Blubster - heard rumors it is a son-of-a-gun to uninstall and freezes frequently - any comments?

I notice there is a "new" version 2.0 available!:confused: :confused:

Kazaa lite is the best for a machine you use all the time. For my download ***** i have the new2.0 verison.

Posted by damnyank
Blubster - heard rumors it is a son-of-a-gun to uninstall and freezes frequently - any comments?

I notice there is a "new" version 2.0 available!:confused: :confused:

Hi dy,

I can honestly say that I have never had a moments trouble with it instalation wise or using, and I am using v.2.0.

Give it a try;)

hth

Alan

applause.gif
applause.gif

havent had any problem with it and i've been using it since only 3,000 people or less in the network..........to uninstall version 1.2.3 you only have to delete the .exe and just that.....v2.0 comes w/uninstaller and works fine

renakuajo & alan - thanks for your comments - I downloaded Blubster 2.0 last night and was waiting for some comments before installing it - now all I need is some time to install it and figure it out.

I did have one of the older versions installed at one time - but could never connect since I am using Zone Alarm (freebie) - maybe this time it will work out! I got the instructions from Blubster on how to configure ZA to allow Blubster Connection - so wish me luck!

<dy thinks - I still miss my audio galaxy>;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back