What is the best alternative to Napster right now?

I've tried them all (i think) and atm I only use:

eDonkey

iMesh

And of course mIRC

lol

You should all be very ashamed of yourselves

those poor artists are starving and your using all these neat little programs to grab stuff off the net!!!!!!!

hahahahahaha

NOT!!!!!!!!!!! :p

I use IRC for the movies and large files. WinMX for hard to find stuff. And Kazaa Deluxe and Direct Connect for music and general stuff.

Butcherboys

hey i loved audiogalaxy, now i use DC for most of the time but all the stuff that was so easily found on AG is no more.

i tried to use IRC but i never found any good channels. tips are welcome.

I am gonna try Kazaa Lite now

Posted by Ramanuman
You CAN get higher bitrates with Kazaa (or Grokster, which is the same), with just a little tweak. And they do have the the biggest # of users.
Make sure you use the «lite» versions though, without the spywares.
I usually keep Grokster + a Gnutella client installed.

-In any case, Scorbing, learn all about it in great details, with articles detailing each option, as well as a forum like this one dedicated to P2P. At Zeropaid.com

Ya but 98% you will still find 128 quality music and very hard to find high quality music.

Posted by GhaLeoN
winmx is good for variety, but the speeds and ques suck ass.......

imesh is awesome for speed, and movies...

kazza was the worst ive tried by far. It didnt have any files i wanted, and on top of that, it gave one of my computers the kazaa worm.

Cool avatar and sig!

www.neo-modus.com is all I have to say.

It has more files for share than Morpheus, Kazza, and many other networks combined.

That is only if you have the gigs to share though :)

i really was a #1 Fan of Napster......the interfase, managability, player, library, and the fast response, and download, it had everything, still when it was shut down i tought that no program was going to be replacing it.....so then there were early versions of File Navigator, NeoNapster, Rapigator, iMesh, AudioGalaxy, Scour Exchange, Kazaa, WinMX i even got to mIrc, but everyone of them has it´s pros and cons, for example the way of displaying the Media Library and the retarded response when i want to hear to my music files, another thing is that is not the point if i like it or not...The Point is that the program that has more users Can make the diference in finding that particular song that we never find......maybe i don´t like iMesh or kazaa, or WinMX ,how does it work, but with the number of users is worth it have it installed in my PC......

at this time i should say that right now Kazaa (lite or not) and WinMX are the most common used programs to download music or any other files.....those are the one installed in my PC but i´m open to check other posibilities.....

Cheers

I remember napster.... was a really nice program it started my mp3 collection to bad it couldn't finish it. :(

Kazaa Lite without a doubt! i get great speeds on my ADSL and 2mbit connection

Posted by cbloss
Ya kazaa lite owns...you get all that low quality 128 bit music at high transfer rates.

WinMX is the only place you are going to find high quality music. And you have obviously never used it if you think you are always going to get qued.

nope, Kazaa only has 128. Kazaa Lite has upto 320kbps

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back