What is my default download manager??

V

veronica

I have XP. I downloaded 'Fresh Download Manager'.

It said it was not my default download manager.

What is?? Does XP have a download manager??

Isn't a download manager a download accelerater??

Thank you.

xp doesnt have a download manager. the message was asking to set some setting so that internet explorer uses fresh download to get its files from the net.

veronica said:
Isn't a download manager a download accelerater??

No. A download manager simply manages your downloads. There is nothing out there that can accelerate a download, your modem is the speed it is.

as the man says, accelerators are there to steal your money nothing else

accelerators work use 1 and try :rolleyes:

I only get 80kb off 1 site if i download and save but if use Flashget i get 100kb+ off the same site :p

I get my max download speed most of the time with Flashget, Re-Get, Dap but when ever i download and save dont get speeds i do with them programs 80kb- so imo they work :p

dont they just change priorities for things like browsing 1 ; downloading 99 ?

therefore in fact they still dont accelerate past what the modem is capable

lol i didnt say they accelerate past what the modem is capable just get Max speed your Internet most of the time

idea #1, the multi-connection idea is good one, but only if you've got the bandwidth to make use of it. As I said, ADSL and cable are ideal candidates because you're talking about a pretty big pipe. The DA cuts the file you want into several pieces and asks for all the pieces at once. The idea is that it stands a pretty good chance of getting the whole thing down and re-assembled faster than just taking it all in one fat chunk.

http://www.winneronline.com/articles/april2001/downloaders.htm

paul2-0-0-2 said:
get Max speed your Internet most of the time

idea #1, the multi-connection idea is good one, but only if you've got the bandwidth to make use of it. As I said, ADSL and cable are ideal candidates because you're talking about a pretty big pipe. The DA cuts the file you want into several pieces and asks for all the pieces at once. The idea is that it stands a pretty good chance of getting the whole thing down and re-assembled faster than just taking it all in one fat chunk.
This is what I read. A friend saw it.

He said it made a noticeable difference on dail up.

Thanks for the replies. -Vera

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back