What is AMD Virtualization and NCQ?

D

Demian

AMD Virtualization: Does anyone know how it works?

Does someone can simply explain me what is NCQ?

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, wiki at it's best. Shame they never actually said what virtualization is...

Virtualization - It's a software method for simulating multiple processors on a single chip. The intent is to get some of the benefits of having multiple processors like protecting one program from crashing another that is running concurrently. There is no performance increase since the virtual machines have to fight for limited hardware resources in the single processor. AMD and Intel are both adding hardware to their CPUs to make Virtual machines more efficient.

NCQ - a software "smart" hard drive interface that figures out which data requested is closest to the head and services that request first. Since seek time is in milliseconds vs transfer rates in microseconds you want to spend less time seeking and more time transfering. This can improve drive life and performance, especially with fragmented data.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back