What is a good but cheap AGP for HD?

Currently I have the Nvidia GeForce 6600GT but I'm not impressed. I mean, it does everything I want except there seems to be some overscan issue with the current drivers. Anything I record and watch on the TV is stretched. For some reason they've yet to fix it even with so many people complaining on their message boards.

So...do I wait a few more months and see if they fix it?
or....does anyone have any other workarounds?

Is there an ATI board you'd recommend?
-has to be AGP
-hopefully less than $100 (I'm picky about the way things look but also a week to week kinda guy)
-also has to work with BioShock. gonna start playing that soon (also the reason I bought this video card)

Wow, less than $100 bucks, play bioshock.

I still use AGP, had to buy a 7950GT AGP because Bioshock demo had a very very difficult time with my X800XL ATI

I think maybe the X1900 series might do for you.

Heeter

Thanks for the suggestion! That one looks cheap too!
I was also looking at the Radeon HD2400PRO Over Clocked 256MB DDR2 AGP (Dual DVI-I, TV/HDTV) Video Card - 900178
Interesting....it was only $88 yeaterday from buy.com but today it's 92.24

Bioshock with a subpar video card.....good luck with that :laugh:

it was only $88 yeaterday from buy.com but today it's 92.24

They are like newegg, the more hits a particular product gets, the website automatically increases the price.

Best is to get your credit card ready and only access it when you want to buy.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back