What is a blog

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I have heard about these things, but, what are they? I click on Nets' sig link and read his postings and musings, are those blogs? I wonder if I need one? What is the difference of posting something that concerns me here than compared to something posted on a blog? Where can I get I blog?

Sorry if I sound stupid, but I always wondered what they were.

Heeter

I would define blog as my online diary. It's a place where Icanpoststuff that I find interesting, a place where I can expressmyopinionsand thoughts. And it's for everyone to read it. :)

You can make your own blog using HTML/CSS. Or you could use some services such as Blogger. You can also use Content Management Systems like WordPress or Movable Type, but I guess you will need some webspace.

What ~bk said sums it up. Live Journal is something alot of us teenages have been using. Its very customizable but u gotta learn the different codes for color,size and shapes and all that if u really want to customize it. Otherwise you can use there default themes on there. I love livejournal!

www.livejournal.com

:nervous: i found henyman's blog :p (taken from the Movable type website)

Attachments

• s blog.jpg
    s blog.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 96
Great,

Thanks for the input. I have created a Blogger account and posted my first blog. Thanks again. Might even try Livejournal next right away.

Heeter

Everyone who has a blog here should link to it in their sigs. After all, what's the point of having one if you don't share the link? Let's see some more blogs, people.
Hey, if I like yours, I might even hand out some rep points. ;)

A weblog, Web log or simply a blog, is a web application which contains periodic posts on a common webpage. These posts are often but not necessarily in reverse chronological order. Such a website would typically be accessible to any Internet user. The term "blog" came into common use as a way of avoiding confusion with the term server log.

Blogs run from individual diaries to arms of political campaigns, media programs and corporations, and from one occasional author to having large communities of writers. Some are maintained by single authors, while others have multiple authors. Many weblogs enable visitors to leave public comments, which can lead to a community of readers centered around the blog; others are non-interactive. The totality of weblogs or blog-related websites is usually called the blogosphere. When a large amount of activity, information and opinion erupts around a particular subject or controversy in the blogosphere, it is commonly called a blogstorm.

The format of weblogs varies, from simple bullet lists of hyperlinks, to article summaries with user-provided comments and ratings. Individual weblog entries are almost always date and time-stamped, with the newest post at the top of the page. Because links are so important to weblogs, most blogs have a way of archiving older entries and generating a static address for individual entries; this static link is referred to as a permalink. The latest headlines, with hyperlinks and summaries, are offered in weblogs in the RSS or Atom XML-format, to be read with a feed reader.

A weblog is often run through a content management system or CMS.
/pedant

I'd stick with Blogger, it's a good choice for content management. Stay away from LiveJournal, it's widely Stereotype'd as being full of moaning kids who just post to whine how bad and depressing their lives are... funny how they can post that from a (likely) expensive computer yet some people in the world don't have enough food to survive... that's another matter all together though :p

I put a link to my LJ. Its friends only which means u gotta have a lj account and ask me to add you to my friends list. It limits the people that talk øøøø and dont leave there name. I am doing a pic update on there so you might see some pics in a few.

Blogs are for people with no friends to post inane rubbish which no one cares about so other people with no friends can read it, and thus pretend they all have friends

I'm joking! :D (mostly) :)

Khayman said:
Blogs are for people with no friends to post inane rubbish which no one cares about so other people with no friends can read it, and thus pretend they all have friends

I'm joking! :D (mostly) :)
:laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back