what is 3174 cluster controller and cas?

B

Bretenn

do u guys know what is "corporate accounting system"?? hmm... even after i find it in the net.... i still don't understand it!

and it is related to 3174 cluster controller (which make me even blur). do the 3174 support normal pc?? or it just support dumb terminal??

hmm the corporate accounting system (cas) is a software mayb??
that's y it really make me sick!!

CAS, this is a type of system setup. It is a server system that uses dumb terminals. Basically all your accounting software is on a server and you use dumb terminals to access it. Where the terminals have no "real" OS on them nore software. They get everything from the server/network.

Originally posted by Maverick169
CAS, this is a type of system setup. It is a server system that uses dumb terminals. Basically all your accounting software is on a server and you use dumb terminals to access it. Where the terminals have no "real" OS on them nore software. They get everything from the server/network.

but what the CAS is all about? it just store those accounting software and let the dumb terminals to access it?
what if i need to add more workstation to access to CAS? is the normal pc applicable (use switch to connect to the cluster controller) ??

and btw the cluster controller is to connect all those dumb terminal only? how about if i want to add more terminal but don't want to buy anymore cluster controller... what can i do??

sory for this long question... but this project really make me blur...! i had do a lot of research but still i dont understand... :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back