what if

dragonbeat

old timer
at the moment running with a 120 gig seagate hard drive (7200), i was wondering what would be the outcome if i added a 40 gig hd (5400) as a slave,would it work ok or cause a blip with the work of the 120 hd and cause chaos with the rest of the workings of the base unit.answers please on a postcard .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

well if you're running XP on 120gb then it would be faster than running on the 40gb but if you're just adding the 40gb then you're just gonna have extra storage on the computer but no change in performance. im running xp on 80gb sata drive, and i have linux installed on 10gb ide drive and all my media on a 120gb ide drive

previously (I need another bout of FreeBSD desktop passion to do it again) I had WinXP on an 80gb drive with windows data on it and a 120gb USB2 external drive, and FreeBSD main on an 80gb drive with my /usr/home/ on a 120gb drive, but I now have WindowsXP on an 80gb drive with the 120gb and 80gb drives storing data and the external drive storing data that I want to take home in a few weeks.

my general rule is that you dont keep a windows system on the same drive as your data, its just asking for trouble, esp if your system disk get foobar'd

Adding a 40 Gig to the system should work just nicely. :)

:D have installed the 40 gig hard drive and so far it works great many thanks for the help :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back