what happened to GPEDIT??

R

Resonance

I had to reinstall XP for the billionth time. I installed my office programs and what not, going through the normal routine of pulling up the GPEDIT and disabling that pesky messanger and adjusting my reserved bandwidth....

Well, I get to gpedit the way I always have, and there is nothing there?! Well, there is stuff in there, but no windows components show up (except media player), there are no admin templetes. Other than start up and shut down scripts, its empty!!!

Something going on here that I don't know about? Did I grab an MS update that I should not of grabbed?

Originally posted by Resonance
I had to reinstall XP for the billionth time. I installed my office programs and what not, going through the normal routine of pulling up the GPEDIT and disabling that pesky messanger and adjusting my reserved bandwidth....

Well, I get to gpedit the way I always have, and there is nothing there?! Well, there is stuff in there, but no windows components show up (except media player), there are no admin templetes. Other than start up and shut down scripts, its empty!!!

Something going on here that I don't know about? Did I grab an MS update that I should not of grabbed?

I see your using XP home edition. I use pro, from what i understand Home doesnt have the group policies, but could be wrong. Did you have Group policies on the 999,999,999th time you installed XP home?

Actually, I use XP PRO. And I just doubled check, they are all still missing?! No messanger disable, no QoS, no templetes at all. My Gpedit is just about empty.

Yes, the last time, I had it, and the time before that, and the time before that.... you can see where I might fill up alot of space doing this......

Thanks.

Have you tried going to the command prompt and typing sfc/scannow?

Not before, but I just tried it, I installed some optional network and file managment software I guess. Waited for it to check the files, then rebooted. I'm still not getting a damn thing in any of the options.

Maybe boot into Safe Mode, logon as Administrator and try to give yourself the rights. My guess is that your usual account has been denied some rights that are needed to display all options.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back