what happened to goggles monitor?

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
I remember reading about goggles you wear and that's your monitor

man I'd like that, anyone know if it ever went to market?...anyone ever try it?

Surely that's going to be really bad for your eyes? Not to mention the likely low resolutions. That said, I'm sure I've seen various implementations of this, mostly aimed at consoles or other specific goals.

a little OT but i wouldn't get one for the same reason i won't get noise cancelling headphones. i like to be aware of my surroundings

a little OT but i wouldn't get one for the same reason i won't get noise cancelling headphones. i like to be aware of my surroundings
not ot at all vertigo, you make a good point, as does speedy

I'm not gonna wear them all the time, just for certain apps...for instance;

THREE DEE MOVIES!!!!

and;

THREE DEE GAMES!!! (which they would write if the goggles were any good)

specifically;

ASTEROIDS!!!!

anyway, I would love them

Last edited:
They look pretty good , I did not get a chance to really research in detail , but they dont look bad at all.

Unles I'm missing something those aren't monitor replacements, they are a 3d add on to make your regular monitor look 3d.

These are head mounted monitor systems. They've been around for years (saw the first demo in ~1996) but very pricey.

http://www.stereo3d.com/hmd.htm#chart

Very low resolution systems (like old TV) are under $1000, 1280x1024 are over $10K.

They are common in military systems. I have a displays expert coming into town in 2 weeks. I'll ask him over lunch about eye strain and such.

PS Avoid the CRT versions. 10kV next to your brain is not a good idea...

Last edited:
These suckers are awesome: http://www.myvu.com/ I had a chance to try them out, and they blew me away!

Eye strain: none. The device makes it seem like you are looking far into the field of your vision to a projected image, just like you would at the cinema. Very cool.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back