What games will be able to run on...

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Hello.

I just ordered a brand new Dell Latitude D600. I am wondering What kind of games I will be able to play on it. Specs are below...

Intel Pentium M Processor - 1.30GHz
Two 256 266MHz DDR SDRAM (PC2100) = 512
30GB HDD
Combination DVD/CD-RW drive 8X/24X/10X/24X
ATI® MOBILITY RADEONTM 9000 graphics chipset
Video type: 64-bit hardware accelerated 4X AGP support
32MB Double Data Rate (DDR) SDRAM
Easy-to-see 14.1" SXGA+ active matrix (TFT) display
SXGA+ maximum resolution of 1400x1050 pixels, 16.8 million colors (The D600 graphics chipset supports up to 1600x1200 pixels with external monitor, 16.8 million colors)
Dell TrueMobile 1400 WLAN (802.11a/b/g) mini-PCI card (optional)
Microsoft Windows XP® Professional SP1

And thats all the Spec's that should affect game play. What games do you think I will be able to run on this thing? GTA3 perhaps?

More specs here...

Thanks,

lieb39

you might be able to play a lot more than that, even though i'm not sure since i don't really like laptops for gaming.

you can play anything that is currently out on the market... with that machine.. the newer ones @ quite low res and low LOD's though...

Never really understood people who buy laptops to play games...I mean whats the point? Unless you're on the road alot and then I can understand, but they really aren't built for gaming machines (with a few exceptions of course)

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
Never really understood people who buy laptops to play games...I mean whats the point? Unless you're on the road alot and then I can understand, but they really aren't built for gaming machines (with a few exceptions of course)

the new mobile gpu from ati is excellent... it is as good as mainstream performance gpu's... the M :)

and it is dx9...

Blitz

They don't buy them to game they buy them for mobility/small size then need to know what they can get by playing. One of the kids I game with switched to a laptop when he joined the navy last year. It cramped his gaming a lot but it was a laptop or nothing.

I'm not buying this laptop for games at all. This laptop is to replace my old one which was used for work, and school. I was just wondering what games I can run on it while I am at school. I got myself a nice desktop for games.

Thanks all you guys for your inputs. I will let you guys know what games it can actually run (lol) when I get it in a week or 2.

-lieb39

The reason I would'nt have a laptop is becuase I love the option to upgrade everything in my pc so it does'nt become to out of date. With a laptop as far as I know all you can upgrade is your ram and hard drive, cd roms also. What's the point of that.

Simple point. Can you take your desktop pc and take it to school to type notes on? Can you take it in the airplane when you are bored? in the car? No. You can't. I have a custom made pc, thats what I upgrade. For the laptop I just use it for work, and also as long as it can play some of my games I'm really happy. But whatever, its my personal opionon.

Originally posted by doom
The reason I would'nt have a laptop is becuase I love the option to upgrade everything in my pc so it does'nt become to out of date. With a laptop as far as I know all you can upgrade is your ram and hard drive, cd roms also. What's the point of that.

the resale value of a laptop is about 200% of a desktop. Why? because there small and very mobile you buy a 2000 dallor pc you would be lucky to get 400 or 500 bucks out of it if you sold it like a year later. you buy a laptop for that much and you can prolly still sell it for 1000 bucks.

I have a Tosh satellite 5100 - intel p4 1.7, 512 ram, 40gb 5200 hd, nvidea ge440 vcard, and no its not the fastest but its a great desktop replacement, solid as a rock, never had a bsod, and its runs games reasonably well. It is my main computor, the rest are for the kids at home (like the one below) and myself having fun tweaking.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back