What does this Mean?

M

MeanGene

What does this mean?

The Security System detected an attempted downgrade attack for server DNS/dns.taco.COM. The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
(0xc000005e)".

Check this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q126752 and this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q284850.
Even though you said nothing about it in your question (*AHEM*) I assume you are still having issues with your Win2k Server Domain Controller. From the sound of things, your issues lie with services, specifically NetLogon, and affiliated components. Go through and follow the second link I gave you above and make sure your registry reads the way the article says it should, and go in to your services and make sure that "Server", "Workstation" and "netlogon" are all set to automatically start. From there, go through your event viewer logs and see what else you can find. If you're getting lots of recurring errors, try to document them all and either post them here or search for documentation in the knowledgebase. And you might want to keep all of this stuff in ONE thread so the background to your issue is easily attained by those who wish to help but don't know what you've tried already.
/L.A

I have no idea what it means, but i have the same thing in my logs (although it doesnt seem to affect anything)

JJB6486

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back