What does "i" mean?

J

jumbojim

Everywhere I go, there seems to be iWhatever. What does the i stand for?

eg. iMAC, iPAQ, iNET, iSecurity...

even my local computer store is sporting computer pakages with names starting with i. It get's really irritating, especially not knowing what it means

Internet? Inline? Incomplete? Indestructible? :)

i'm pretty sure iMAC is internet, but the others may be different, or i could be wrong entirely

Idotic? Immortal? Irregular? Irresponsible? Irritable? Indisgetable? Immaculate? Interesting? Indian? Inept?

Intelligence, Information, Incarceration, Incubation, Ignorance, Irresistible, Important, Impotent, Irish cream, Indiana Jones, Iggy pop, India....

i'm pretty sure iMAC is internet
Yup, tis :)
I don't really think the I stands for anything in the majority of things, its probably something that companise think will make they're product seem more attractive.

iThink that iN the context of M$ the 'i' must stand for iEther iNcompetent, iNcomprehensible, iNeffective or iRritating!

Mub's

Aren't iNtel going to call their next chipset iTanium (der der da dum!) or somthing?

maybe asking the company itself will provide better answers?

" maybe asking the company itself will provide better answers? "

That might work, if they actually reply. I know Apple replies, I sent them a question once for a school project, and they send me like 50 pages worth of information, very detailed, from God knows where, but it was what I needed :)

On the other hand, I'v contacted Dell about their history before, and they never replied.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back