• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What does "i" mean?

J

jumbojim

Everywhere I go, there seems to be iWhatever. What does the i stand for?

eg. iMAC, iPAQ, iNET, iSecurity...

even my local computer store is sporting computer pakages with names starting with i. It get's really irritating, especially not knowing what it means

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
Internet? Inline? Incomplete? Indestructible? :)

i'm pretty sure iMAC is internet, but the others may be different, or i could be wrong entirely

Tabula Rasa

Stranger Than Kindness
Political User
Intelligence, Information, Incarceration, Incubation, Ignorance, Irresistible, Important, Impotent, Irish cream, Indiana Jones, Iggy pop, India....

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
i'm pretty sure iMAC is internet
Yup, tis :)
I don't really think the I stands for anything in the majority of things, its probably something that companise think will make they're product seem more attractive.

Mubbers

Shoot!
Political User
iThink that iN the context of M$ the 'i' must stand for iEther iNcompetent, iNcomprehensible, iNeffective or iRritating!

Mub's

Aren't iNtel going to call their next chipset iTanium (der der da dum!) or somthing?

" maybe asking the company itself will provide better answers? "

That might work, if they actually reply. I know Apple replies, I sent them a question once for a school project, and they send me like 50 pages worth of information, very detailed, from God knows where, but it was what I needed :)

On the other hand, I'v contacted Dell about their history before, and they never replied.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown