What do you think of this Upgrade?

P

Pythro

As you can see my PC isn't the fastest out there. I am thinking about upgrading my mobo, cpu, and ram. Let me know what you think about these choices and if it will be compatible.

CPU: 1x Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Processor (Northwood) 2.4GHz, 533MHz FSB, Socket 478 Retail
LINK

Motherboard: 1x Asus P4T533 RAID i850E P4 Socket478 400 / 533 FSB , 2 x 232-pin 32-bit RIMM 3200/4200 UDMA133 RAID w/ Audio / USB 2.0 ATX MB - Retail LINK

RAM: 1x Samsung 256MB RDRAM 32bit 232-pins RIMM 4200 1066MHz LINK

P.S. What do you think about 1 32 bit RIMM 4200 ram module instead of the conventional 2 RIMM 3200 ram modules?

Do you think that will be widly accepted in the future and make RIMM 3200 a thing of the past?

I think I need a new power supply. Does anyone know of a good brand and how many watts you think I will need.

enermax , antec or vantec all make top quality PSU's, not sure how hungry P4 systems are as i dont run one so i cant tell you the wattage you need

Any quiet ones. Enermax or Antec I would say

i think any upgrade is a good upgrade....as long as the pieces/software/whatever is better than what u have...

just look at the piece of crap im running and youll see

400 i guess if u planin on upgradin in the future... too
otherwise.....prolly 350 could handle it all nicely

Do you think I am gonna get stuck with the RIMM 4200 Ram, and its not going to be the standard in the future?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back