What do you think about this cdrw?

I don't like memorex.

Also, I don't like drives above 40x anything, those need fan cooling, or something, I'v had CDs explode on me!

horse manure

40x cdrw don't need cooling LMAO

80 bucks is a bit steep though, try pricewatch I am sure they have cheaper ones

all you care is if it's got burn proof technology or not

cool.gif

Originally posted by Iceman
horse manure

40x cdrw don't need cooling LMAO - I mean the 52x drives. They really heat up the cds inside. and I meant it as a joke, partially :)

cool.gif

Gold Star CDRW IDE 48x24x48 w/ Software, Drivers & Burn Proof Software - OEM $56

Haven't seen a 52X CDRW yet 48x is the fastest out now I think and they don't get hot, that I have ever seen

my PLEXTOR PLEXWRITER 48x24x48 has never got hot, though it burns real fast

cool.gif

Gold Star CDRW IDE 48x24x48 w/ Software, Drivers & Burn Proof Software - OEM $56

Haven't seen a 52X CDRW yet 48x is the fastest out now I think and they don't get hot, that I have ever seen

cool.gif

I don't know Iceman, I'm just paranoid, I had a CD blow up on my, actually, in a 52x drive. Then it happened to one of my friends.

:) Plextors are awsome drives, Plextor and TDK in my opinion, really know what they are doing.

Is the data buffer important? I noticed TDK and lite on have 2MB and Plex has 4MB. Or just as long as it is buffer under run protected.

Buffer is no longer a big issue now that we have burn proof drives.

Still, it's better to buy a drive with a large buffer.

Yes save your money and buy a Liteon or a tdk, Plex are expensive but way nice, Burn Proof is the key I have burned over 300-400 CD's and not made one coaster yet

cool.gif

plexwriters are very sweet indeed ....for the little bit more you pay you will never go wrong buying one

I would get a Liteon, they are good drives and well priced plus they will let you BACKUP your safedisc 2 games. I have the 32x liteon and a couple of my friends have the 40x drives. We are all very happy with them

cool.gif

Just FYI:

52x cd-rw(s)

Later guys! :blink:

PS-Have not blown up anything in my 48X CD-RW Drive and I even use 32X rated blanks LOL! :rolleyes:

OfficeMax has an IO Magic 48x for 19.99 after rebate thru saturday.

Anyone has any idea who really makes this drive, I figure it's gotta be a rebadge

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back