what do you think about the latest suprem court decision. (US)

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle....MKADYMCRBAEOCFFA?type=topNews&storyID=7774532

While i dont think killing children is a good idea i think the age should be lowered. I mean with things the way there are in some urban areas. there are some f*cked yo 15-17 year olds.

Im not all about killing people i just want the option of the death penalty there. I view it more as a this could happen to you thing..

Im sure many will have very diff opinions.

well in the United STates there is no reason to be afraid of law enforcement anymore and that's why we have so many criminals commiting so many crimes because they know that they'll be out of prison in no time if they go to prison at all and commiting those same crimes as soon as they get out.

the united states legal system is a joke and will be for as long as I'm alive. It's especially a joke for young criminals who barely have to suffer any consequences for their actions and learn from a young age that they can do whatever they want and they will be slapped on the wrist.

punishments need to get harsher in the United States for us to have any steps forward for a safer America and criminals need fear to sway them away from commiting those crimes.

This country is a joke when it comes to legal issues

my opinion is mixed...if there is a death penalty, then I hold no quarter, and all would be subject to the punishment IMHO.

however, the death penalty is shown that it increases not decreases capitol crime, and as a fact, it's much more expensive to have capitol punishment then where there is none.

too many people are convicted of capitol crime who have later been found inocent...and this is even with the expensive protocol of our courts...if we made it "less expensive" to execute people, then plenty will be put to death who are Innocent

this combined with the FACT that ethnic groups are more often put to death, and that women are more often not

capitol punishment is a loose loose, and I can't understand how anyone would want to cost our system more, and in that process not prevent crime

what needs to be done is create a sentance; "death by incarceration", which would prohibit any kind of release...this would be less expensive, and reversable if the jury is wrong in the conviction

Tuffgong4 said:
well in the United STates there is no reason to be afraid of law enforcement anymore and that's why we have so many criminals commiting so many crimes because they know that they'll be out of prison in no time if they go to prison at all and commiting those same crimes as soon as they get out.
there's less crime per capita then in generations and less crime per capita then countries who's "leagal system isn't a joke"..sorry, but America is an incredible country in other regards, and as regards our criminal justice system as well.

Should not kill anyone for a crime they were convicted of. You might find out they're innocent 10 years down the track and what you do then?

Eat humble Pie.

I'm all for the death penalty - if someone walks around shooting people in the same fashion as the Dunblain Massacre, ok he killed himself, but if they survive it they should be executed. End of. None of this pussyfooting, nor keep them in jail for 10 years before execution, just do it on the spot.

Anyone who kills a criminal in the act should be given a reward, the whole Tony Martin thing was a joke - he should be a hero.

And Perris - gun crime is massive there, I myself am a gun nut, but even I can see when it gets too far gone for the countries good. I grew up in South Africa where no self respecting adult didn't carry a gun, but it soon fell to the black market who supplied everyone regardless with weapons, and has now ended in a massive death toll through firearms offenses.

I wonder if this has any effect on juveniles that are tried as adults. :rolleyes:

I'm all for the death penalty - if someone walks around shooting people in the same fashion as the Dunblain Massacre, ok he killed himself, but if they survive it they should be executed. End of. None of this pussyfooting, nor keep them in jail for 10 years before execution, just do it on the spot.

Anyone who kills a criminal in the act should be given a reward, the whole Tony Martin thing was a joke - he should be a hero.

And Perris - gun crime is massive there, I myself am a gun nut, but even I can see when it gets too far gone for the countries good. I grew up in South Africa where no self respecting adult didn't carry a gun, but it soon fell to the black market who supplied everyone regardless with weapons, and has now ended in a massive death toll through firearms offenses.

I'm not against or for gun control...this is a gray issue with too many good points on both sides.

the obvious solution is a mixture of the two, which will always be a work in progress

as far as your point of the death penalty, it creates more crimes like you're talking about not less, and it cost more to prosecute a capital crime then keeping the criminal behind bars for life

the death penalty is loose loose...society looses, our safety looses, economics loose.

the only good of it is retrubution...I agree retribution is a good enough reason for it...however weighed against the harm it does to us, our safety, our economics

as far as your point of the death penalty, it doesn't prevent crimes like you're talking about, and it cost more to prosecute a capital crime then keeping the criminal behind bars for life

the death penalty is loose loose...society looses, our safety looses, economics loose.

the only good of it is retrubution...I agree retribution is a good enough reason for it...however weighed against the harm it does to us, our safety, our economics, it isn't reason enough

American Zombie said:
I wonder if this has any effect on juveniles that are tried as adults. :rolleyes:
these are the only people this ruling affects

I'm not sure of that fact (or rather wouldn't be if England were involved) - it costs us £30 000 a year to keep a single criminal behind bars. I'm sure a trial couldn't amount to that if they were incarcerated for 30+ years.

And how does it create more crime? I agree there may be more people deciding to shoot people because of spite or whatever reason, but if it can be proven that it was a criminal act I don't see any problem with it.
I can say right now that if someone came into my house with intent, I would most certainly attack them; I may not kill (but then I may, who knows?), but considering I keep my gun safe in the room next door to my bedroom, and in my bedroom I have 3 spears, an axe, 2 swords, a bokken and numerous knives, (none of my weapons are decoration, they're all practical) I think I may well end up doing them a lot of harm!
And I would think it a great injustice to be persecuted for simply defending my household?

lol im with you unleashed.. but how the hell is 3 spears practical hehe

I am for the death penalty because if someone kills someone then they should be killed also but then i was thinkin well then shouldnt the government be killed for killing them and so on? I then think why kill them they already have a fooked up life in prison and they are gonna die there so why bother? Alot of people on death row havent been put to death yet and they been there awhile and alot will prob die in there cells before they get the chair or w/e they use now. It costs way more money to put someone to death than it is for them to live in prison. Some girl did a speech about the death penalty and thats why i know some of these things and not pulling them out of my ass :p. So i guess i am for and against the death penalty. I also think anybody should be able to be put to death since they are old enough to kill someone why cant they be put to death?

tittles have you posted something to that extent before.. or do i have a bad case of dejavu

Dont think i have...or i just have a bad case of not memebering :p

Unleashed said:
I'm not sure of that fact (or rather wouldn't be if England were involved) - it costs us £30 000 a year to keep a single criminal behind bars. I'm sure a trial couldn't amount to that if they were incarcerated for 30+ years.

the problem is that when the death penalty is involved, you must resolve the crime to greater scrutiny...for instance, there's a mandatory appeal for every death penalty, and unless you don't care if innocent people are put to death, you can't change the principle that all avenues of innocence MUST be explored and this costs money...lots of money

and example is Ted bundy...I believe it cost us 8 million dollars to put him to death.

who on this planet thinks this /-\SS hole is worth 8 million of my friggin dollars when a few hundred thousand would have done the trick?

the death penalty is loose loose

sraycoz said:
lol im with you unleashed.. but how the hell is 3 spears practical hehe

Two came with us from South Africa - my dad had originally got them out of a burned down Zulu hut (volunteer fireman).

The third, I got on a trip back there on holiday in November. And I intend to get another weapon when I go back yet again in May!

perris said:
the problem is that when the death penalty is involved, you must resolve the crime to greater scrutiny...for instance, there's a mandatory appeal for every death penalty, and unless you don't care if innocent people are put to death, you can't change the principle that all avenues of innocence MUST be explored and this costs money...lots of money

and example is Ted bundy...I believe it cost us 8 million dollars to put him to death.

who on this planet thinks this /-\SS hole is worth 8 million of my friggin dollars when a few hundred thousand would have done the trick?

But the problem lies in the system - if he blatantly did it (such as Thomas Hamilton), to hell with a trial, just kneel him down and put a shot through the back of his head. It's easy enough really.

pretty simple really, if someone kills someone (ONE IS ENOUGH) they should be killed too, its unfare that they get to kill and just sit and get fed and not have to worry about where their next meal comes from, now if it was an accident thats another case

But the problem lies in the system - if he blatantly did it (such as Thomas Hamilton), to hell with a trial, just kneel him down and put a shot through the back of his head. It's easy enough really.
ah...to hell with the law of the land then...and to hell with the principles that founded this nation...everyone is innocent until we prove them otherwise...you think your idea is a solution?

not a good one, and that's for sure, and no argument will make for that case..I suppose you couldn't imagine a set up that would make it look like someone "blatantly did it" when they didn't...simple to frame someone like this with disguise deceit, and that is a fact

sorry, but no one is to say if someone "blatantly did it" until all avenues of innocence are explored...this is the very nature of the problem

there isn't going to be a perfect solution, you make it as good as you can...there will ALWAYS be individual cases that would have had a better result with a different system...you make it as good as you can, and you don't suffer the chances innocent people would have to exonerate them selfs

the very LAST thing you do is make it easier for innocent people to be put to death by mistake.

who would argue that point?

themafia.69 said:
pretty simple really, if someone kills someone (ONE IS ENOUGH) they should be killed too, its unfare that they get to kill and just sit and get fed and not have to worry about where their next meal comes from, now if it was an accident thats another case
so you would rather spend 8 the million dollars to make sure you're not killing an innocent man as opposed to the few hundred thousand to incarcerate?..ha...this makes madmen like ted bundi bask and relish in their death.

me, no

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back