what do you think about the latest suprem court decision. (US)

ThePatriot said:
Lots of good points made all around here. I am particularly fond of Ron "Tater Salad" White's view on this subject line Re: "If you come to Texas and kill someone, we'll kill you back...it's our policy." ...no laughing matter in real life, but at least you know where you stand.

This is a very difficult subject to digest. On one hand you cannot tell me that a 14, 15, 16 year old does not know what murder is, but, is said youth capable of making adult decisions? Hell, I know 20-somethings not able to make adult decisions!

I do not, however have a problem with the death penalty in some situations. There are many, many cut and dry cases where it can, and should apply. As said by a few people here, I think we need to stop making prisons adult day-care facilities for starters. Make them a miserable, undesirable existence and there's a deterrent for you. No, I'm not condoning torture or any inhumane practices, but for Gods sake, don't make it easy! Basic training was A LOT harder than a lot of the prison lifestyles I see!

But hey, my Born-Again Christian friend says Armageddon is coming any day, so maybe we're all wasting our time discussing this?! :rolleyes:

I agree the patrtiot, there are plenty of cut and dry cases that the death penalty wouldn't bother me

what would bother me is spenidng millions of dollars on the idiot when couple of hundred thousand would do.

Agreed. We blow more money on one carrer criminal annually than my annual salary in many cases. That's just sick.

Some dimbwit in our government has the noble idea of paying prisoners £10,000 per year during their sentence (thats approx $19,100) for doing work in prison.

The dimbwit thinks that them getting payed would be worth-while, by showing them how to earn a living from hard graft (work) and that they can enter the job market as normal members of society.

mmmmm I smell b.s.

Some dimbwit in our government has the noble idea of paying prisoners £10,000 per year during their sentence (thats approx $19,100) for doing work in prison.

if they are getting $40,000 worth pf product, this would be genious.

if they are getting $20,000 of productivity, this would be a wash

it's really only idiocy if they are getting anything less then $20,000 worth of productivity.

given the right administration, a criminal could pay for his own incarceration, and that would be sweet

perris said:
I say he needs a trial, you say to hell wtih the law

hmmm

there are countries that behave the way you want America to behave you know

Ever noticed that a lot of these countries have a far lower crime rate? Singapore for example?
Why does someone who walked down the corridors of a school blowing little kids heads off need a trial?

perris said:
if they are getting $40,000 worth pf product, this would be genious.

if they are getting $20,000 of productivity, this would be a wash

it's really only idiocy if they are getting anything less then $20,000 worth of productivity.

given the right administration, a criminal could pay for his own incarceration, and that would be sweet

The cost to keep each prisoner (lets say the average criminal) is about £50,000 a year.

it doesn't matter what the cost per prisoner is...what matters is if prductvity of one of these work programs out runs the added cost of the work program

for instance, if it cost 50, 000 to incarcerate, that is with or without the work program

then, pay the person 10,000 for 40,000 of productivity...add another 10,00o for the cost of administering the program...the cost has gone from 50,000 to 30,000 per prisoner...SCORE!!! who wouldn't want to save this money?

in additition;

suppose the work program would give a criminal a vocation they would persue after incarceration...SCORE!!!

Unleashed said:
Ever noticed that a lot of these countries have a far lower crime rate? Singapore for example?

no, I don't notice this.

the few that claim a lower crime rate per capita, (like singapore) don't have nearly the accurate reporting process America has, nor would they tell you how many innocent people are put to death...find me an American that would rather live with their criminal justice system, and I'll find you a person that cares not one stitch about freedom.

now,...for instance, saddam had one of these systems of "justice" that you are talking about by the way...this is exacly what the vision of our for fathers tries to avoid, and this is the kind of model you are a proponent of

Why does someone who walked down the corridors of a school blowing little kids heads off need a trial?
he doesn't neeed a trial, the person that might not have done it needs the trial...go ahead and live in a country where people aren't allowed to claim innosence...I'll stay here, thank you very much

no person/person's should have the right to end the life of another person/person's..

if it is a person/person's convicted of a heinous crime or of taking the life of another... by taking that person/persons' life are we not stooping to the same level?

capital punishment is abhorent in every respect and a CIVILISED nation should not be party to such a form of law enforcement...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back