what do you pay a month for net?

4576/384 (Froggyland)
29.99 Euros ( 36.37$, 50.11CAD, 20.3£ )
Plus tv and phone soon (me still waiting... my ISP is migrating every subscriber little by little, replacing usb modems with an all-in-one box the size of a slim dvd player (you can see it there http://adsl.free.fr/, top right, "Freebox", clic "Agrandir l'image" to see it better)

Oh, and btw, no restictions at all
biggrin.gif

j79zlr said:
RR is 3000/384
RR is also sux and borked 1/2 the time :(

-edit- Also I think RR speed now depends if your in area that has been "upgraded" as alot of places have been as they are fearing the new Verizon DSL in the area that they once had a monopoly. :) An example. Before the 1st Verizon commericial around here everything was X times faster then dialup. Now everthing is X times faster then DSL and you can do blah blah blah you can't do w/ DSL ...

ming said:
You should use Pipex... £23.44 p/m 512/256, 50mb webspace + email service.
OR £34~ for 1mb service.

Do you have to pay an activation fee?

I pay £23.49 (£19.99+VAT) for 512/256 from Internet Central.

Completely uncapped with all ports open, even after receiving a cease and desist letter about traffic from my IP :)

Lee said:
Do you have to pay an activation fee?
Not sure how to answer this question because I paid it when I first joined with a 12months minimum contract. However, they changed it so that people can have a monthly contract instead.
From what I last heard of it, my friend told me that they didn't charge him for activation, but did charge him the termination fee instead. Guess it could be the same thing. haha.

Yeah I enquired with pipex about 3 years ago, they said I had to buy filters, modem and pay an activation fee of about £50. I said I was moving soon (about 4 months) they said I had to buy the contract back and pay a deactivation again of £50.I think that is how it went.

lol. :p
They've got 2 packages now, with modem or without modem. Both have same monthly charges, the only difference now is the additional cost of purchasing the modem.

The package 3 yrs ago did not specifically require you to make the purchase for the modem and filters. But obviously you would have had to make the purchase if you did not already have the equipment to get on to the internet.

I am happy now with a good entry broadband rate 512/284 I was given filters and modem (I use my own pci modem) free customer service, no boot off and better like to like unlimited downloads, bandwidth, uptime the lot.

£27.99 I know some have a problem with aol, It did at first now it is just fine.

512/284?? that's weird. :p
I want SDSL now. Bet it costs bucks though...

Nah when I tried the usb voyager modem before buying the pci modem it would say in notification area 512/284, so I assume that is what it is.

Nick said:
I pay £23.49 (£19.99+VAT) for 512/256 from Internet Central.

Completely uncapped with all ports open, even after receiving a cease and desist letter about traffic from my IP :)

Some places (over here in the US at least) will disconnect people permanently if they don't quit using all the bandwidth. I know we have to do that every so often.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back