What Do You Guys Think?

Some of the ATI 9600 PRO cards are down to around $149. Check around, especially allstarshop.com.

Just my 2 cents:

I bought one a few months ago....put it in a pre-built HP machine...(I know, I know) and had to take it out a few weeks ago.

Had major problems and narrowed it down to the card. The problem was ye 'ole nv4_disp.dll error.

Dont know the brand of the card off hand but it was a Ti4200 with 128 ram.

check out the MSI cards, great performance, and a great software bundle

so whats better?

so to conclude, whats better Geforce4 ti 4200 or any other geforce4 V.S. ATI radeon 9600 pro?

Re: so whats better?

Originally posted by ghettorare
so to conclude, whats better Geforce4 ti 4200 or any other geforce4 V.S. ATI radeon 9600 pro?
well, if 9600pro's are down to $150 levels, that might be a better buy. up until now, the 4200 was one of the best deals for budget gamers since it came out (almost a year ago? wow). it was only a matter of time before something else came around and overthrew it.

9600pro is about the same speed or a little faster (i think, right?) and has directx9 hardware support on top of that (gf4ti's are dx8.1). go for it.

What about the nvidia ti4600 with 128mb ram. It must be fairly cheap now!

Originally posted by Cookie
What about the nvidia ti4600 with 128mb ram. It must be fairly cheap now!
looks like $180, at least.

looks like the 4800se's (based on 4400) are fairly cheap, though. $134 + $6 shipping! :confused:

hmm.. geforce4 ti 4800se sounds good to me...what i have right now is a MSI geforce4 ti 4200 64MB and i want somethin that i can feel the upgrade...

hmm.. geforce4 ti 4800se sounds good to me...what i have right now is a MSI geforce4 ti 4200 64MB and i want somethin that i can feel the upgrade...
eh, this probably isn't your card, then. but if the slowdowns you're experiencing are related to your 64mb of memory, then the 128mb could make a noticeable difference.

otherwise, look at the clock speeds. 4800se = 275mhz core / 550mhz memory. your 4200 64mb should be 250/500 and probably can be overclocked to 275/550 for free.

so what else is there thats better than the 4200 Ti with the price rangin at about...$135-$145?

it's really not worth upgrading for that amount of money. your card i still decent.

but if you have to get one, get a 9600pro.

hm...ATi better than Nvidia?

probably not a fair question... product to product... I would wager the 9600pro is a superior product to any gf4 ti series card... especially once overclocking, filtering and shader intensive operations come into play...

day to day 3d gaming with no filtering enabled... they are about on par...

the 9600pro @ the moment is probably the best bang for the buck along with the 9500pro if you can find one...

^^ alright thanx i bought the radeon 9600 pro 128 ddr 8x card and its a way faster and looks way better than my old geforce 4 ti 4200. thanx for the infos. now i recomend this card to everyone who's willin to spend about $140 and get ya money's worth

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back