what do you guys think of this speedtest?

thats actually a tweak test...not a speed test. If you post it with a few speed tests in the appropriate dsl reports forum you will get some really knowlegeable help. Im not saying that you wont get any here though.;)

The test looks good. Who is your cable provider? the only thing that bothers me is your ping. for cable you should ideally be getting 30-70ms so there is a slow hop out there somewhere on your way to dslreports.

yep, that's pretty good. looks like you're operating a little faster than a T1.

i used to use dslreports, but their servers are clogged with speed tests. for a more accurate test, try www.toast.net

caligo, whatcha got there? a T3 or something? hehehehe...

i'm very satisfied with my connection. i average just slightly over 2Mbps download speed and around 350Kbps upload.

well the highest dl speed ive seen is like 950KB/s, but there have been tonnes of new people on my cable network since its so cheap ($35-$40 CDN) and they offer first 3 months free and free modem rental. I tend to max at ~800KB/s off of a really good server.

for anyone in BC using telus dsl...dont! shaw cable is the way to go. The comercials are propaganda. My friend is a block away from me on ADSL and he maxes like ~170KB/s of of the best server.

PIII 733 with 384MB RAM

any ideas?

you have any ideas how i can increase my download speeds? i have no idea

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back