• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

what do you guys think of this speedtest?

A

AmarSingh

thats actually a tweak test...not a speed test. If you post it with a few speed tests in the appropriate dsl reports forum you will get some really knowlegeable help. Im not saying that you wont get any here though.;)

The test looks good. Who is your cable provider? the only thing that bothers me is your ping. for cable you should ideally be getting 30-70ms so there is a slow hop out there somewhere on your way to dslreports.

yep, that's pretty good. looks like you're operating a little faster than a T1.

i used to use dslreports, but their servers are clogged with speed tests. for a more accurate test, try www.toast.net

A

AmarSingh

well the highest dl speed ive seen is like 950KB/s, but there have been tonnes of new people on my cable network since its so cheap ($35-$40 CDN) and they offer first 3 months free and free modem rental. I tend to max at ~800KB/s off of a really good server.

for anyone in BC using telus dsl...dont! shaw cable is the way to go. The comercials are propaganda. My friend is a block away from me on ADSL and he maxes like ~170KB/s of of the best server.

PIII 733 with 384MB RAM

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies