What do you charge p/h for fixing computers?

Nick said:
Nope, but it sounds very like a film I once saw...

Guy knocks on door. "I'm here to fix your hard drive". Cue the music.

:D
Bow chicka bow wow...

I think the most I ever got for a fix it job was 25. My fav payment was a few bags of candy and a thank you :) Thats all I need.

While I was providing PC and Network setup / troubleshooting services, I got 150 bucks per hour, 1 hour minimum.

Wr@th

i charge people 40$ an hour. if they dont like it tough... goto compusa and pay someone 80$ to intall a harddrive

LeeJend said:
Computer repair services charge $80-120 an hour.

Think that's expensive shop time in garages is $120-200.

Plumbers, electricians, general contractors charge $200-500.

If they bitch about $100 an hour tell them to go price a any of the above services that are performed mostly by high school drop outs.

PS If they want an itemized explanation of the cost:
$5 for turning screw driver
$1 for blowing dust off their components
$4 for benadryl from the dust allergy
$10 for mileage charge
$80 for knowing which screws to turn.

I have been in construction 16 years and not a drop out. There may be a 50dollar trip charge and most charge 75 an hour. you have us confused with doctors and lawyers.

When I do construction for cash it's 25 an hour. Keeps people happy and keeps them calling me.

Last edited:
lancer said:
I usually charge about $25-35 per hour, depending on their wealth, but i usually feel guilty for that small pitence.

What do you guys charge.

And has a beautiful middle aged woman kept on calling you back to fix her hard drive?

Thats a decent cash price. Word gets around, unlike the 150 an hour people.

I do side work at a Cyber Cafe fixing computers.. We charge 45 an hour. If we have to go on location is 40 + 45/hr.. If i know the person i'll charge them just enough for them not to feel guilty taking up my time..

themafia.69 said:
i dont charge friends and family, and for other people i dont like to say i want this much, if they want to pay me i let them, and i never say i want this much, i let them pay what they think i deserve.
yea i do that too i feel bad asking for money unless they offer, but i had to make flyers once that charges 5 to 15 bucks but no one answered lol but no i dont charge

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back