what do i put here? dvd problem

fantasi

My Yngy is My HoneY!
well my dvd drive which is a sony dru-710a has lots of problems in terms of accessing cds. i mean its brand new but always have lots of hick ups here and there. and i was suspecting this. what should i put in it?

Attachments

• dvd.jpg
    dvd.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 89
Your drives should be running in DMA mode instead of PIO, that'll help a lot with performance right there. If windows doesn't want to put the drive in DMA mode, your ide cable may be damaged and should be replaced or something's misconfigured somewhere. Also it's worth double checking your jumper settings.

What Weasel said. when inspecting the cable you may be looking for the smallest tear or kink in the cable to cause a problem. also if you're not using 80conductor cable that may cause issues as well (as the little yellow toolbubble in the screenie states).

TRy swapping the cable, let bios choose transfer mode and if you still experiance issues I woul dtake a guess at it being a failed or failing ide controller on the motherboard, however that means either replacing the motherboard, or picking up a pci ide controll ferom your favourite retailer/etailer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back