What do I need?

C

Chensu

Hello again, :)

In my last post I outlined a new PC, well now Ive ordered it and I need to know what drivers I need/should be using, can you help me?

My old PC was an Intel Pentium3, so Im new to the AMD world. Ive heard of 4in1 drivers, will I need those? The board has onbaord sound too, but I guess the MSI CD will have those drivers? (MSI KT333 motherboard)

Also which detonators would be best for my graphics card, I was thinking of 30.82s. (for geforce4 ti4600)

Id prefer official driver recommendations rather than beta, thankyou again.

P.S. All for Win XP.

Chensu.

I would start with the drivers that come with the System Board. Install these just after installing XP. Next go to Windows Update and install SP 1. Next go back to Windows Update and you should get the latest WHQL drivers recommend for all of your hardware that is installed...........

Let us know.......

:happy:

What a start 2 the new year..not!

Well the new PC parts were delivered this morning, after many an hour,(because of taking the old motherboard etc out), I finally had everything set, except at bootup, it doesnt get to the post part of the BIOS, nothing dead:mad:

So, I double check everything, including checking PSU connections, and that the DIMM was seated right. Powered up again, and got into the bios, Whooohoo:rolleyes: except, after loading the default bios settings, and adjusting the onboard sound etc (I disabled it), I reset, and it wont bootup at-all. Ive tried everything I can think of, surely something must be faulty?

Im now trying to RMA the parts :mad: :rolleyes: what a start 2 the new year!

chensu.

Strip the board to bear minimum & then boot up. If it works keep adding parts & booting till you hit a snag.

Thanks Hipster Doofus, but I already tried that :confused: my PSU is 340w, that should be ok for an XP2000+, surely? :eek:

I should be able to get replacement parts, I'll remember your tip m8.;)

Hipster, I contacted the service dept, form the suppliers, and they said a simillar thing to test, but as I pointed out to them, I cannot do any more testing, as I dont have enough spare parts to set up the new parts and still have this PC (which Im mailing from).

I would have to dismantle this PC again, and I dont want to do that, incase I damge that either! :rolleyes: :confused:

try building the system with 1 stick of memory, graphics card, cpu+hsf - just basics... no hdd, fdd, cd/dvdrom etc

see if u get post then. check wires are all in 100% and try unplugging the system from mains power, taking the battery out the motherboard and leaving the system for about 30mins -> 1hr so the BIOS can fully reset. Then replace the battery, reconnect mains power and try again.

If that fails, its definitely an RMA job :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back