what do i download now i have wind xp

• Thread starter original delboy
  • Start date
O

original delboy

Hi there just like to knw what do i download now i am running windows xp..anything that you may consider that will improve the performance.

I have seen the log on screens..the cindy crawford one is sooo hot! If i downloaded this how do i install it and is it easily removeable..? also can i create my own log on screens?

thx guys

Well, to improve performance you gotta do you homework. A lot of good tips and tweaks on the homepage.

You can also pick up a copy of LogMod on the homepage to make your own logon screens. Have fun and start readin'. Lot's of good info here.

Ummm maybe a bit obviouse but all the windows XP updates that are available from microsoft,

Shut off most of the GUI things that you dont need. Each one tends to slow you down just a bit, even on some high end machines. Especially menu shadows and menu sliding, etc. Personally, I also run the desktop in classic mode, and notice a significant speed increase in windows and menus.

Defrag often.

Dont leave other users running if you dont need to. Each one left running typically takes up at least 64 MB RAM, if not more.

Run all the updates from Windows Update.

Upgrade your drivers to the latest as appropriate.

This is just preliminary stuff, but it should get you started. For the rest, check out the tweaks sections on this site.

The search engine is your friend...;)

Cheers people! thx for the info you have given most appreciated!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back