What CPU should i choose AMD or INTEL?

Originally posted by wyrlwyn
just like i figured... when no one could defend amd anymore, they have to start with the name calling... cause thats the last thing they have to win the fight... so, i guess that means if you buy an intel, your an idiot... well then, its settled, you had better buy an athlon, theblueraja wins... woopdy ****in doo

Yo whizzywig or whatever your name is - thats name calling, not what i did which was to put up a funny image. :rolleyes:

You seem to be very defensive on this subject - and have posted lots throughout this thread - but IF you had bothered to actually read the thread instead of spouting sewage from your fingertips willy-nilly you would have noticed in an earlier post that i stated i would buy Intel at the moment.

Looks like the picture i posted has some truth to it.

Idiot...

:eek:

Originally posted by wyrlwyn
no, its not... amd people will vote amd, until the world ends, and intel people will throw there vote in no matter what... by whichever one's colors you like, if you like black and green, go amd, if you like white, red, and blue, go with intel
that settled it for me...
oh, and the preformance and stablility:)

You are wrong. I've been AMD loyal and I switched to Intel and I am happy with the switch, AMD is not what it once was anymore.... go for Intel :p If you don't want the fastest CPU around the slower P4 HTs are always better than any AMD!!

Hyperthreading is great for applications, but not necesserally for gaming. On my mates P4 system we disabled hyperthreading in his BIOS to see what difference it makes, and ran cheatmark 2003 on the system only to get a HIGHER score.

Try it - it would be interesting to know if its just a quirk in his system.

Personally i use my system for gaming and bought an AMD becuase A) it was way cheaper than the Intel equivalent and B) i could overclock the ass off it.

It depends what you want to use your system for and how much cash you want to spend.

M$ seem to think that HT is the way to go for gaming
but what do they know ? heh :p

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/games/expert/gamingpcs.asp

Multithreading technology. Have you ever wondered how a game can feature cars racing, while sounds play, sunlight sparkles, and birds fly by? When software demands that the computer process several different elements at once within the application itself, the processor can only manage so much data simultaneously. Multithreading technology in Windows XP and the Pentium 4 opens multiple channels for processing many different types of data at the same time. When referring to its latest Pentium 4 processors, Intel calls multithreading technology Hyper-Threading (HT).

:cool:

Yup - I agree with MS - it makes sense.

Trouble is - dont you have to compile for Hyperthreading to get the best out of it?

Could be wrong....

ugh... just buy a processor and somebody kill this thread...
(please, for the love of all things holy, please stop this thread...)

if there were reliable real world benchmarks that we could all run to compare a single cpu amd system to a smp intel system, this argument would go somewhere.... i can tell(after using it) that ht does speed things up, when you are doing alot of multitasking, true, smp does slow some games down(by about.5%) but, the gain is much worth that marginal loss.
and honestly, after making 8 systems with amd and intel cpus, i would say the past to intel projects were the easiest, and most stable i've used... maybe the amd chipsets i used(viakt133, sis 735, nvidia nforce420, via kt333) weren't the best selection, but, if i can't find one good chipset out of 4, i figured a switch would show me better results, and it did.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back