What CPU should i choose AMD or INTEL?

I seriously recommend getting a p4 ht. you wont feel the difference in games unless you have an awesome card. the ht and 800mhz is really really useful. hardly ever does the computer hang up with it if for example you are copying a large folder and trying to open another program.

i dont have ht. i have the xp2500+. but i wish i had the 2.4 ht. its LOADS better. more stable. intel. basically.

:eek:

Originally posted by Leo154
hardly ever does the computer hang up with it if for example you are copying a large folder and trying to open another program.
your system should never lock up when copying a file and opening a program simultaneously. should be 100% stable whether you have amd or intel. i'm sure you have a configuration issue.

Originally posted by taurus
your system should never lock up when copying a file and opening a program simultaneously. should be 100% stable whether you have amd or intel. i'm sure you have a configuration issue.

I agree

no, its not... amd people will vote amd, until the world ends, and intel people will throw there vote in no matter what... by whichever one's colors you like, if you like black and green, go amd, if you like white, red, and blue, go with intel
that settled it for me...
oh, and the preformance and stablility:)

really, its up to you, 75% of us are gona say amd, 25% are gon say intel... if your cheep and wana be the underdog, go with amd, if your looking for real world preformance, rather then "rated performance", go with intel... besides, we got the blue guys, what does amd have, that stupid lillte kid on there website, screw that, go with the l33t

Originally posted by wyrlwyn
no, its not... amd people will vote amd, until the world ends, and intel people will throw there vote in no matter what... by whichever one's colors you like, if you like black and green, go amd, if you like white, red, and blue, go with intel
that settled it for me...
oh, and the preformance and stablility:)

black and green?

well, white black and green
i'm going by whats on the little case sticker that you get for my case... now that i look at the intel inside sticker i have... its more white, orange, and blue.... more colorful then slow... buggy, not very thermally inclined amd anyway...

Having never owned an intel proc and MB I hate to say this but if you have to buy right now do the P4. It has an upward migration path. The AMD Athlon design is dead ended. FSB max'd, clock speed max'd. FSB is choking the max bandwidth of dual DDR Ram too. That's why AMD went 64 BIT.

I'm sitting on my wallet waiting to see what comes out of the 64 Bit AMD chips.

if you really wnat to go the 64bit path... get an extreme pentium 4.... 800mhz bus, hyper threading, and 3mb l3 cache, and works on the 875 e boards.... and, faster then 64bit athys, so, either way youd win... but then again, there impossible to find right now, and youd need to sell your extra lung and kidney, but, hey, youd have 64bit processing, so its worth it right?

I currently run a AMD 2100+ setup (see specs in my sig) and I really feel that the chip you choose really depends on 3 factors. Money, Usage, Heat/Cooling/Noise.

Money, AMD will 99.9% beat any Intel with a comparable chip, period.

Usage, if you use your pc for chating and gaming you got no choice but an AMD system, if you do more word processing, spreadsheets, finances, graphics, ect. you choose an Intel.

Heat/Cooling/Noise, an AMD will always produce more heat, require more cooling which translates into more noise than an intel ever will. The AMD does more work per cycle than an Intel does and therefor get much hotter. Accept it and move on.

So where does that leave you?

If your a gamming fanatic who doesn't want to make some CEO rich and you don't care about fan noise=AMD all the way!

If your a 3D Graphics designer or CAD drawer that needs to have 20 different windows open and have you PC in your bedroom and are working while your wife is sleeping making the big bucks=Intel all the way!

Both are great chips that address 2 very different markets. Pick the one that most closely models your PC usage and you will be happy with your choice.

all i can say is, read reviews(from people who know what there talking about), look at prices on newegg(best place to compair prices) and, go with what you know so far about computers, like how bus speeds effect programs, who programs like multi threading processors, the noice/fan factor shouldn't limit you from making a good purchase, since were going for computing power, that should be the last problem, more like the die size, cache size, bus speed, and most importantly, features!

:rolleyes:

idiotoutside.jpg

just like i figured... when no one could defend amd anymore, they have to start with the name calling... cause thats the last thing they have to win the fight... so, i guess that means if you buy an intel, your an idiot... well then, its settled, you had better buy an athlon, theblueraja wins... woopdy ****in doo

I ahven't bught an Intel since...around the 386 netherregions. Surely quite a while.

Personally, i'd go for AMD, because it's as cheap as it gets. Also like the nforce chipset. As for the noise, I usually just buy a seperate heatsink+fan anyway. Allows the option to go for a cheaper OEM model.

If I had money though, i'd go for intel. Just for the sake of it.

Originally posted by wyrlwyn
just like i figured... when no one could defend amd anymore, they have to start with the name calling... cause thats the last thing they have to win the fight... so, i guess that means if you buy an intel, your an idiot... well then, its settled, you had better buy an athlon, theblueraja wins... woopdy ****in doo

Well now if the shoe fits.............................:eek: :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back