What CPU are you running under the hood?

F

FoSsiL

Just wanna see what is the most popular cpu pplz are running these days in their latest computer. please vote and see the results.

This thread has been moved to the "General Chatter" section. Reason being, this is more basic chatter than an actual help thread.

Gonaads (MOD)

wow at the moment Pentium is kickin a$$

I have five "Pentium Class" computers at my house. Three of them are Dells (one PII 450, one PIII 450 laptop, and one P4 1.5Ghz.) I also have a slow Compaq DeskPro 4000 Pentium MMX 166Mhz, and a home-built Celeron 850Mhz. Majority rules, so I voted Pentium.

I've never owned a computer that didn't have an Intel CPU.

AMD Athlon XP 1700+ (Main Computer)

My other PCs include:
AMD Athlon XP 1600+
AMD K6/2 533MHz
AMD K6/2 333MHz
Intel Celeron 400MHz
Intel Pentium II 350MHz
Intel Pentium-MMX 200MHz
Motorola PowerPC 601 60MHz

AMD Majority here:

Main PC (BigDuo) - Dual Athlon 1800+
Web Server (TheBeast) - Athlon 500mhz Slot A Classic
Shell Server (BeastTwin) - Athlon 500mhz Slot A Classic
Main Laptop (PortaBeast) - Athlon 1.3ghz M
Wife's Laptop (Rachel2Go) - Athlon 1400+
Backup Laptop (TheBitch) - P233 MMX
Wife's Computer (Rachel) - P3 500mhz Slot 1
Router (TheNegotiator) - P200MMX

So athlon wins

well there is my rig plus another rig that I MIGHT use as a l'il server for the apartment..

there is my rig in the sig/my amd k6-2 450mhz....and I have parts for a p2 300 mhz... just processor is kinda dead :)

i got 3 pcs...
pentium 750
celeron 433
amd k6/2 400

the celly floors the k6/2 for performance and my pentium floors me m8s 1.4ghz athlon for windows operating (loading programs and games, saving etc). He gets about an extra 40fps in 1024x768 on counterstrike... altho i built both pcs personally and tweaked them as best possible.

imo, u spend less money on an amd, and spend the money u saved on cooling for it cuz they're gits to get cool :/

Originally posted by kc7sbf
I have five "Pentium Class" computers at my house. Three of them are Dells (one PII 450, one PIII 450 laptop, and one P4 1.5Ghz.) I also have a slow Compaq DeskPro 4000 Pentium MMX 166Mhz, and a home-built Celeron 850Mhz. Majority rules, so I voted Pentium.

I've never owned a computer that didn't have an Intel CPU.

Smart Man.

hmm... should have put Athlon XP as a seprate field on there... no wonder Athlon is getting so many votes... theres like 3 types of it ;)

/me running a sweet little Athlon XP under the good old hood :)

MdSalih

old-school athlon 1.4ghz with the 200mhz fsb. wish i had the money, space, and reasons to have 5+ computers sitting around.

wait a minute... SETI! }:> now onto the money and space part...

MdSalih, there are also several types of pentium class processors too, but Athlon XP's are the best anyway.

well i like both the pentium and athlon, but when coming to built a computer i go on price more than performance.

i have to vote pentium, well as you can see.. maybe in the future athlon is gonna be my next choice.

1. Packard bell 486 66mhz
2. Pentium lll 450mhz
3. Athlon 1.0ghz
4. Pentium 4 2.0ghz

Sorry, I only run a CPU if it is actually marked with the megahertz it is running at.

1800+ :rolleyes:

Plus what?? :p

Main Box: Athlon T-bird 1.4 (Win XP)

Other:
Celeron 500 (Win XP)
Pentium 133 (Linux)
Mac G3 233 (Mac OS)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back